11 January 2012

finally welcome 2012

Well okay. So I haven't blogged in 1000 years and I was all inspired to update about The Holidays. And then that didn't happen, so I was going to jump on the "Why I Liked 2011" train but felt like I didn't have much to say. And then I thought I could do a round of New Years Resolutions but mine for this year are almost the same as they were last year, which is to say that they're almost the same as they are almost every year (almost).

Mostly I just want to talk about television or whatever.

(PS did you notice the double elevens in today's date? 1/11/12? I LOVE ELEVEN.)

So what I'm saying is I'm uninspired. Perhaps uninspiring? Uh oh!

I figure I should just kick off Year 5 of this blog (five years what the what!) by being grateful, at least, since I've had the chance to take a long hard look at my life lately and I figure-- it ain't too bad. Ain't too bad at all. And then maybe I'll have more interesting and hilarious anecdotes about the mundanities of my life to entertain you.

I think the best thing to happen to me last year was/has been my association at Hale Centre Theatre. I've been blessed with three opportunities to perform there and am stunned by all the incredibly wonderful and talented people I now cherish as my friends. Working up north has also closed the gap between Utah, Salt Lake and even Weber Counties, making a 45 minute-2 hour trip up I-15 just a blink of an eye. I love to work there. I love it.

I'm actually currently working at Hale in a new little show called The Game's Afoot.Now I mean, if you ask the Salt Lake Trib, it isn't a very good little show. But that's not true. It is a good little show, just a new little script, meaning there perhaps was room for the script to be workshopped before production. But it's a good little show! I play an actress from Texas and I wear great hair and a beautiful green dress. I perform Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday nights at 7:30pm and Saturday afternoons at 4pm. Clicky-clicky the picture to buy tickets (which you'll be hard-pressed to do, since they're almost sold out. But come for standby! You'll get seats for sure).

I'm also grateful for RuPaul.SIDE NOTE: Do you watch RuPaul's Drag Race? If you don't, you can find seasons 2 and 3 on Netflix, and season 4 starts in a few weeks. If you're a fan of America's Next Top Model and/or Project Runway, YOU WILL LOVE THIS SHOW.

Anyway, the cats got Ames Ru's book Workin' It! RuPaul's Guide to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Style for Christmas and it's incredibly inspiring. I recommend it to everyone. If you start to see RuPaul quote posters float around pinterest, it'll be because I'm going to create and hang them all over my house (and the internet).

ADDITIONAL SIDE NOTE: Ru is appearing on The Chew this morning. Werq!

I'm also grateful for positive and improving self-image. If you know anything about me, or if you've ever read this blog, you know that my self-image kind of waxes and wanes between killer-awesome-take-over-the-world confidence and somewhat hapless discouragement. While unemployment is growing tiresome in so many ways, the last few months have been really healing. I'm proud of who I am, my talents, my creativity, and the positive changes I'm making in my life.

So happy 2012, one and all! May the new year bring creativity, positivity, and way more blog posts from little ol' me.
PS! We're finally getting around to doing our holiday cards (I'm big into President's Day or whatever). Email me with your address if you'd like one!

No comments: