06 July 2011

bright and shiny

I am happy again today.

I'm not sure if it's the new Sharpie pens that write perfectly and make my handwriting look cool, or the whole pound of pink beans (tutti-frutti jelly bellies) I got, or the sushi from last night, or my aqua living room, or having everyone tell me I look skinny even though I've actually gained weight, or reading my own tweets from the last year all morning, or the rain last night, or feeling so good about myself lately, or having the cutest cats in the world. I think it's all of those things.

Whatever it is, I'm happy again today.

Actually, I've been happy every day since last Wednesday evening. That's one whole entire week of straight-up Happy.

I think it must be a little strange that I'm so marveled about being happy for a week. Happy shouldn't be something so awesome that I feel compelled to remark "I am happy again today." Happy should be a given, shouldn't it? It absolutely should be. I'd be sad that it's not always a given, but to be sad mean being un-happy and I can't be that right now, please and thank you. I'm too busy being happy.

It turns out the congestion from my previous post was actually a pretty nasty sinus infection with subsequent "Restrictive Airway Disease." Doesn't that sound dire? It was, actually, only now I'm taking antibiotics and I feel so refreshed about life. Probably because I can breathe. I'm sure there's a lot of psychology behind the all the oxygen flowing to my brain, aside from the basic anatomy of it.

Also, I'm eating the greatest customized salad from that place Marley's in the Riverwoods and I'm seriously having a come-apart about how delicious it is. I'm eating it as if I've never eaten a salad before-- as if I've never eaten at all before.

Somehow, all good things in my life manage to conclude with food.

2 comments:

Kristin W said...

Yay for being happy!

It's a funny thing...happiness. I wish happiness was a given. I guess it's what adult life and stress bring. Maybe it makes us appreciate the happiness more when it's not a given, regularity?

Greg D said...

I submit that all things in life should conclude with food. And the next time y'all are out here I'm going to take you to the biggest and most delicious pancakes you've ever experienced. They'll for sure up your happiness quotient. Be prepared.