12 July 2011

theens

Oh hey, blog. I've neglected you. Aside from meandering through a congested steam of consciousness (PS. it turned out to be a pretty nasty sinus infection, with subsequent "Restricted Airway Disease," not just a run-of-the-mill cold. Go figs.) and a(nother) daily affirmation regarding happiness and appreciating the little things in life, I've been pretty remiss.

Example of such:

I never introduced the new addition to our family.

She is a rescue cat from the same organization where we found Trevor and she is 8 years old. Her name is Lucille 2 because I love Liza Minnelli, one of the dogs upstairs is already named Lucy, and she has red hair like Lucille Ball which sounds an awful lot like Lucille Bell, which is hilarious. Lucille 2 is rather terrible and is very good at teasing and chasing Trevor. He tends to sequester himself in a Fortress of Solitude in the backroom, since she doesn't jump up on things very much. He also likes to hide on the window sill.

Trevor is the best hider. (No he isn't.)

Lucille 2 also happens to be a naughty pee-pee cat. This is something I don't know how to handle. Any ideas on how we can get her to stop peeing on, say, the dirty laundry sitting in laundry baskets 1.5 feet away from her own litter box? Any advice is quite appreciated.

I've also finally joined the world of Pinterest. So far I mostly focus on cool clothes, cool house decorating, and cool ideas for the cool party I'm going to have for my cool 25th birthday in September. Pinterest makes me feel desperately cool (even though it feels like basically the same 37 photos are just being passed around) so CLICKY-CLICKY and let's be Pinterest friends!

Also, Ames and I got to channel our inner future Disney employees in the Provo Freedom Festival parade last week. It definitely made a part of my lifetime complete.

Also also, we've been making drastic improvements to our little basement apartment house. We have aqua colored walls in our living room, guys. HOW RAD ARE WE???

Also also also, I officially started my Couch to 5k program last night. In nine weeks, I hope to become a runner. I'm always impressed with people who run, and I want to be one of those people. I also want/need to be skinny so, that's good motivation too. Has anyone else done/had success with a C25K?

How's summer treating you?

4 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

Ohmygosh. You have a cat named LUCILLE 2? This is maybe the best thing ever.

W. A. Sandholtz said...

This is all great news. I'm also trying to become a runner and I've noticed that something that helps me a lot is getting out of bed. If I get out of bed, it makes it a lot easier to go for a run.

I miss you guys. Actually I've never met Ames but I miss him anyway. Ditto Lucille 2 (by the way: classic). Will you guys invite me over for dinner already or something. I can bring the salad. Wait until fall because right now I'm on another continent.

Love.
Wayne.

Kristin W said...

Love Lucille 2...name, kitty, all of it :)

Good luck on Couch to 5k! I'm about to complete Couch to 10k and loved it. It gave me the motivation I needed to stick with a plan. I'm on week 12 and have kept up with it. Yay for becoming a "runner" :)

Cathy said...

I totally did Couch to 5K twice (last summer, then again this summer after I had Emmy) and it was great. I HATE running and I'm super slow, but ever since I did the program, I've been running 3 miles 3x a week. Not far, but for me it's major improvement. Good luck and you'll rock it!