24 June 2011

thoughts while congested

I'm alone again in the office today. It's becoming so frequent that I think I might forget altogether what it's like to actually work with people. Okay, so I've been playing a Ke$ha-inspired playlist on Pandora between phone calls! Okay! So I have! It's my way of going all Risky Business without stripping down to underpants because this actually is a business and I'm more professional than that!

But not so professional as to refrain from Ke$ha while alone in the office.

I've got a nasty cough and a thick layer of mucus lining my nose and throat. Gimme a break.

I've also managed to be really pretty productive, so we'll just see who's laughing when everyone gets back and all the records are nice and clean, okay?

Speaking of productive, I'm getting ready to paint my living room a lovely shade of Aqua Ocean (just go with me-- in truth, this living room is going to blow your mind) and so spent last evening doing some heavy-duty spring cleaning on the walls and baseboards. While I knew there was no way these walls have seen soap for a long time, I was truly unprepared for the amount of grime awaiting me. Four magic erasers, three cloth rags, two refills of soapy water, and dozens of disposable wash cloths later... I finished half the room. But I also rearranged the furniture and had a stroke of inspiration regarding what to hang on the walls to cultivate storage while maintaining aesthetic and, admittedly, cutting back on the general amount of exposed Aqua Ocean.

I'm excited/terrified to tackle the bathroom.

Speaking of bathrooms, that's the worst part about being alone in the office-- trying to time bathroom breaks just right so I don't miss phone calls or the possibility of a visiting UPS man. It is much harder than you'd think, particularly due to the frequency of my bathroom breaks, owing to the tiniest bladder known to man + guzzling water in an attempt to flush out this cold x I have to sing tonight and tomorrow morning.

I think if I'm ever rich, I'd like to get a bladder enhancement. Do you think that's even possible? To increase the size of my bladder? Because pee breaks seriously cramp my style.

Oh, and have I mentioned that this very post may be the one to push me over 40,000 hits on my counter? LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! And I'm going for 50,000 by the end of summer-- because I know just how much everyone likes to hear about my congestion, the grime on the walls of my apartment, and my unfortunate bladder.

Have you ever heard of any one more cool?

No comments: