20 January 2011

ring out wild bells

We took down Christmas last night.

What? I know it's January 20. I know last night was January 19. I know that Christmas was December 25 and that we're now closer to Valentine's day then we are to Christmas.

What?

I know I'm not alone in this.

With the prospect (and now reality!) of moving soon, it just kind of seemed easier to put it off till we knew what was going to happen, right?

Too bad it was at the expense of the dignity of a poor little Christmas tree named Jerry who brought us a lot of Christmas cheer and waved "hey" every time we walked in the door with his extra little branch. By the time he was hauled away last night, Jerry was all withered and drooped. Poor little guy.

The house looks surprisingly larger now that the tree and all the decorations are gone now, though. Which will be good in case anyone needs to come over to buy our contract.

Which they will because we're moving!

Anyone know of anyone who wants a little two-bedroom apartment? W/D included? Private entrance all utilities (except cable/internet) great LDS ward (if you're into that sort of thing) Central Orem location right by Target 3 miles from UVU for $600/month? Anyone? Let me know...

But anyway-- Christmas. It's now gone, I've now embraced 2011 and said goodbye to 2010.

All except for the four Halloween pumpkins still sitting by our front door.



What?

3 comments:

Philip Dodd said...

I like the idea of naming your xmas tree. I might do the same next year.

Alli Easley said...

We took our tree down on Saturday. The 22nd. We totally suck way worse than you.

Sarah Culp said...

You already know I suck the worst. Even more than you, Alli Easley. Tree. Still. Up.