12 August 2010

i made this with my hands

Remember how I started crocheting this blanket a few weeks ago, and it was meant to turn out like this?Well I finished! And it doesn't look exactly the same... In that, I realized about halfway through what I was doing incorrectly to make the squares all bubbly instead of flat, but since I was so far on my way to making all 56 of them, I decided the texture was cool and went with it.

And here it is!

It was a more difficult project than I perhaps should have started with, but as I've learned a lot lately this summer, go big or go home. I'm not one for going home (in the proverbial sense).

I'm sending it off to my sweet little wheelchair-bound grandmother this afternoon, who will hopefully find it cheerful and keep her toes nice and warm.

This has nothing to do with crocheting, except that Ames supports me in my silliness. He is cute.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I want one for my babies. I have no babies, but you should probably just start making one now just in case you get super busy between now and then.

Julie Wilding said...

I just love this picture of you and the Ames. Yes I do.

Robbie said...

I love it!!