17 August 2010

boring

Fact: I've become the most boring person on the planet.

How I Know I'm The Most Boring
1. I bum around a lot.
2. I don't really ever get ready in the morning.
3. My daily schedule leaves little room for spontaneity.
4. I blog about weight and ambition and crocheting.
5. Meanwhile, I've stopped losing weight and don't have an outlet for ambition.
6. I do a lot of crocheting. Like, a lot.
7. I order yarn online.
8. The most important debate in my life lately has been trying to decide what color to dye my hair.

Luckily, things do get spiced up a little when Robert Redford and Ralph Lauren show up to see Big River at Sundance. I mean, that is pretty neat. And it actually happened. Though of course I didn't see or speak to either of them, which returns me to my Most Boring status.

I had hoped my summer hobbies were going to be pilates, crocheting, and having cool hair. Well, here's my big confession involving pilates: I basically dove off the bandwagon. There's no pretense about falling off it-- I mean, it was one running-leap-swandive off the back of that bandwagon. Luckily I haven't been gaining so much as I've just been maintaining for the last month, but yesterday was the first time I actually did pilates in about 4.5 weeks. So much for that hobby.

And the cool hair business? Well that's still all up in the air. The red hair is appealing, but probably won't happen. I need a new cut like WHOA. I had half a mind to go blondeish a la Drew Barrymore in Music & Lyrics, but then I remembered how much I like having it very super almost-but-not-black dark. Since I can't cut it for a few days, I'm determined to get all the products to dye it dark this very day because it is so very painful to hate your hair.

At least the crocheting bit has had some follow-through. I've finished two afghans, I'm about to finish another baby blanket, I'm working on another baby blanket, and I'm waiting for my yarn order to come in the mail so I can start another afghan and another (you guessed it) baby blanket. All this successful, crafty industry is due in large part to the fact that I have about five hours every night to sit and hook while I wait for my cues to press PLAY on the music. But let's be real-- I'd be sitting at home in front of the television every night crocheting, not doing pilates, and hating my hair if I weren't doing Big River, so I guess I may have been just as industrious. Go figure.

So what have I become this summer? A lazy old woman with gross hair.

Who is also boring.

Two people un-followed my blog this morning. After this informative post, I wouldn't blame anyone else for doing quite the same!

3 comments:

Allison Easley said...

First of all, please do teach me to crochet. You think I'm kidding but I surely am not.

Secondly, I keep my blonde hair because my family/husband/dad likes it. It is expensive and difficult to maintain. I think you're smart to stay dark.

Also, you are fabulous and not-so-boring to me. Maybe that's because I'm equally as boring, if not moreso.

Love, me

Heather Davis said...

I will always be a follower of Phlegm. And in the last two days I've spent nearly 10 hours scrapbooking, so don't think you are alone with this boring biz.I love that you crochet! I can't tell you how many times I have needed that talent in my job :)

As for your hair- gosh Em, you really can pull off so many looks. I do love it dark with bangs, but you look good red too. Maybe somewhere in-between?

Kristin W said...

You're definitely not alone! Now that school is back in for me...I will officially be boring. I will blog about probably a lack of weight loss and stuff I'm doing in my classroom :/ I'm still following and envy your ability to crochet!