18 April 2010

haters, back off

Well guys, on top of a less than awesome review this week about my performance in the play I'm in, I also got my first bit of hate mail! Or a hate comment, rather.

A few weeks ago I wrote a blog about straws and how, by avoiding the use of them, I could save the world by myself. This morning, I got a notification that there was a new, anonymous comment saying:

stop being so stupid.

No caps, and anonymous! To Anonymous's credit, however, I must laud the alliteration. Very effective.

Lest you think I'm disappointed by this, I'm anything but. I mean, I'm definitely unused to being called "stupid"-- I don't think I am particularly, though I guess I'll leave that up to public opinion-- but do you know what this means?

I've been legitimized as a blogger.

High fives, guys. And I hope Anonymous doesn't remain anonymous because I'm pretty excited by this.

I know I've been kind of absent lately, but I'm sure genius will flow again when the show is over. Hopefully my next few entries won't be so stupid.

:)

9 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

wooooohooooo! You go girl!

Jen said...

the hate comments are my FAVORITE.

Amy said...

I would just like to say that I don't think you are stupid. I blogstalk you all the time and I think you are wonderfully entertaining and quite often hilarious. That's all. :)

Amy said...

If that's all it took to make you feel validated I would have lied to you long ago! (Cause it would have been a lie. Cause you are awesome.)

ashleigh said...

I'd just like to let you know that your straw blog convinced me to buy a "water bottle" I've been lusting after for a while. It looks like a disposable cup with a straw that you would get at say...starbucks, maybe...BUT it's not. The lid screws on and it's hard plastic. I LOVE IT!!! Plus I've been drinking more (which was the point in me buying it.) I think you should find one and invest!!! Then you'll be saving the world AND using a straw.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

A lot of people on the internet lack the social skills, confidence, and brain cells to exist in the real world, I think, so they feel the need to be idiots to whoever they come across in order to aim their self hatred at an external target. :)

Kudos to you on gettin' legitimate! Personally, I'm also waiting in giddy anticipation for my first hate mail/comment. :)

*high five* for being awesome!

Emilie Laura Wright III said...

nice job! i want someone to hate me!

Anonymous said...

STAMP.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am 'Anonymous' and I don't think you are stupid.
I wrote that comment because I am mean?
I'm not mean. I'm sorry if it upset you. I think you're actually pretty damm awesome.
I was just in a bad mood because I hand straws out to people all day in my job and for some reason...some reason I can't exactly explain...well...yeah...I felt annoyed.
Gosh, I'm so glad I am making coherent sentences here.
I'll be quiet now but you're not stupid and I love reading your blogs so don't stop.
:)

PS. It wasn't meant to be hate mail...hate comment..whatever.
Just 'annoyed mail'.