25 March 2010

list of happies

Happies, I said, not hippies, okay?

Some days, I need to take to heart a little Bing-and-Rosemary and just count my blessings. Not to fall asleep, but because I'm a real Debbie Downer lately about things when I really don't need to be. And I shouldn't be. I need to just be like "Good hell, self. STFU." and then be content.

THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME ABOUT MY LIFE, OKAY SELF?
.in no order.

1. Tom Ka soup.

2. My wedding ring set.

3. Large Diet Coke from McDonald's for $1.08.

4. The human orchestra on the Bright Star soundtrack.

4.5. Ben Wishaw in Bright Star because he is my boyfriend.

5. Mr. Ames, who doesn't mind Ben Wishaw being my boyfriend.

6. This freaking huge-A, bright orange, mildly ridiculous kimono on my office wall.

7. I have a job.

8. I have health insurance.

9. My nice and supportive and very talented friends who don't take advantage of me at work.

10. My parents.

11. My sister-and-BIL.

12. My in-laws.

13. Supportive artistic mentors.

14. Opportunities to write and to perform.

15. My cardigan collection.

16. Tokyo Disney.

17. All the babies my friends are having.

18. My hair is growing.

19. Carey Mulligan in Northanger Abbey.

20. Not having to distribute 40,000 summer camp fliers on my own because UVU Theatre students are selfless and awesome.

21. The fingerprints on my office window left by a tiny child squishing her face against it to say hello to me today.

22. Europe.

23. My wedding pictures.

24. Stanley Tucci's existence.

25. Spell check.

26. Essays.

27. My handwriting.

28. Twitter.

29. Delegation.

30. Extra jobs becoming available for minimal work and maximum pay.

31. Will & Grace.

32. The snuggie I made for myself with fabric that reminds me of New Orleans Square.

33. My bed.

34. My ankle is healing!!!!!!!!!!!

35. The fake cigarettes I get to use in the play I'm rehearsing.

35.5. The number of times I find excuses to have fake cigarettes in shows.

36. How bad I used to be at blogging.

36.5 How I might still be bad at blogging?

37. Purple eyeliner.

38. Ames competing in the Mr. UVU Pageant.

39. Post-Its.

40. Really cool theatre opportunities coming up this summer.

41. Theatre with -re versus Theater with -er.

42. Sprout the dog.43. Sharpie pens.

44. Listing 43 reasons my life is awesome, okay?, in like twelve minutes.

1 comment:

Kirsten Krason said...

What a good thing to do. I like that dog.