02 March 2010

day 27: diaries of an un-quitter

So I figured I was only four days away when I decided to up and quit this 30-days business. That was super lame of me. I guess I'm not going to quit, but I don't know that I'm actually going to adhere to the assigned prompts. (Assigned? Is this for class and I'm getting graded?) In fact I probably won't, because I feel like the last few are designed explicitly for people who don't blog very much and readers don't have any idea what's happened in the last week/month/year.

If you're actually curious, I'll sum up for you: cast in a new play, working, Urinetown, got a new job, newlywed, HR at Seven Peaks Water Park, got married, planning a wedding, graduated from college, got engaged, The Importance of Being Earnest, dating a boy named Ames, all the while reading a lot of essays and blogging. There. My week, month, and year in a few short lines. Don't need to blog about it!

Today's topic: Renaming the Blog.

The fact is, Emily's Alpine Path was begun as a commentary on literature and poetry. True story. Fittingly, I called it Emily's Alpine Path as an ode to L.M. Montgomery and her Emily of New Moon books (high fives to readers who got the reference). We have since moved far away from that, and while essays are cozy literature in their own right, and though I still try (or will try) to essay more frequently, I'm jonesing for a new blog title.

Help me.

Things I like:
1. Europe
2. Pretty things
3. Target
4. Retro, vintage stylings
5. Will & Grace
6. French words
7. Journals
8. Wit
9. Museums & paintings
10. English ords

I like the late 1950s/early 1960s. The word tranquillité. Something that channels this:
And:I feel like Julie needs to own that very dress there, but that's another story. Another story is how beautiful Juliette Binoche is and how I want to look EXACTLY LIKE HER when I'm her age. Epitome of elegance-- are you even kidding me about her right now/ever???

But the point is that I'm going to rename the blog. It's going to happen. Don't be at all surprised if one day you show up to your blog roll and don't recognize the name-- don't worry! It'll just be me! No big!

But kinda big, since it's kind of like a part of my identity. I'm feeling the same kind of inner crisis that I did when I got married and changed my name. Note to self: write something interesting/meaningful about that.

Good grief, I need to start writing about things that matter or that are a least a little bit funny. I'm the most boring.

BUT NOT FOR LONG!

And also, PLEASE CAN I HAVE THIS RING?????

No comments: