03 March 2010

day 28: blog secret

I have been out of shampoo for the better part of a week. I have been using Midnight Pomegranate body wash from B&BW to wash my hair. Truth: my hair feels fantastic, and I'm seriously considering the possibility of just buying some Suave body wash at the store today so I can go on with this body-wash-shampoo game without spending $10.50/bottle.

I'm wearing a great outfit today.

I had this goal to lost 15 lbs by the end of March. Not only is it March 3 and I'm no where near 15 lbs, it's March 3 and I haven't lost anything.

I go to the bathroom approximately 736 times per day. I have a bladder the size of a walnut.

I miss being in school. I don't miss inane assignments, but I miss learning things and being around really smart professors. I'm going to start taking advantage of the fact that I can take classes at UVU for free, maybe even over the summer. I just want to take some history classes, and some English classes, and maybe I'll even pop into a French class since I'm all about learning French again. Also I'm going to take Acting, because I want to be an actor, but I have (gasp) never taken a legit acting class.

Sundance is producing Big River this summer, and maybe I want to be a part of it. Maybe I want to be a part of it mostly because Mr. Ames is dying to play Huck and he's likely got a very good chance at the role. Maybe I'd love for him to play a lead at a professional acting company.

Or maybe I'd rather be BFF with Audra McDonald in 110 in the Shade because this is happening 6 blocks away from my house. So, you know, that's an option.

I'd also like to be BFF with Bryce Avary of The Rocket Summer. It's ironic because he just released this new song on his new album about how sometimes he feels like a Japanese exchange student (aptly titled "Japanese Exchange Student") because everyone is fascinated with being his friend when they meet him but it's only because they want to say they're friends with him and not actually be friends with him. That said, I've always wanted to be friends with him, and Bryce-- if you're reading this, we're already mutual Twitter friends, so let's just be friends in real life, kay?

While I don't love getting up at 7AM on Mondays and Wednesdays, I very much love the very quiet hour between 8-9AM in my office, with just a little desk lamp to light the room and no one coming in to talk to me, and very few phone calls. I seem to get a lot down without distractions, even if it's only (mildly lame) blogging.

I'm ready for another day off. I'm thankful that UVU has things like spring break, which BYU does not have, so we have days off every month in the semester! Breaks things up a bit, you know? Doesn't make the almost-spring seem quite so long and unbearable.

I eat like serious crap in the morning. This probably has something to do with my inability to lost 15 lbs. That, and I'm unmotivated, would rather sleep an extra half hour each morning, love delicious food, and would rather sit around watching Will & Grace each evening. (To my own credit, I also read as much as I watch Will & Grace, so I guess that's something, at least.)

I'm in a new play with like 65 pages of dialogue to memorize. I'm terrified out of my brain, especially since friend Melissa WROTE IT HER VERY OWN SELF and to destroy it would be the worst ever.

And those are my secrets today.

1 comment:

Mel Leilani said...

...So I'm kinda thinking you kinda have to be BFFs with Audra so that I can be BFFs with Audra by association. Don't worry, you shouldn't feel TOO used. Ha!

P.S. - You could prolly rewrite the play and it'd be funnier. I'd be okay with that.