13 August 2009

poster kid for frozen dinners

Do you know what I love?

Well, yes, I love Ames, but that's not what I was going to say (because it goes without saying). What I was going to say is, I love Lean Cuisine.

I mean, let's be real-- I love food. I want to eat food for the rest of my life, every single day. My love of food is the reason why I will not be a size 4 bride, and I'm pretty okay about that, please and thank you.

The problem is that I sit at a desk almost all day and then at night, I do things like sit on the floor and organize pictures for my wedding reception, or sit on the couch and paint my toenails, or sit in a chair and fold laundry, or sit sit sit and write addresses on envelopes. Furthermore, I work at a water park where cheeseburgers and seasoned fries abound. They are delicious (mostly) but not so great for my midsection. Sitting + food = dough stomach.

So about a month ago I started bringing frozen dinners to eat for lunch at work, specifically Lean Cuisine. Let me tell you something-- they are delicious, and filling, and satisfying. I never feel like a sick-nasty bloat face after a delicious Pasta Primavera with broccoli and bowtie pasta (the best kind). Everyone is always jealous of how delicious my Roasted Garlic Pizza smells when I cook it up in the microwave, and it's not even greasy like the pizzas from the park. And sometimes, my Roasted Chicken even has a little serving of apple crisp on the side! I defy any of you to find delectable apple crisp as the end to any meal offered at an amusement park.

Sometimes, if you go to Target at just the right time, you can get 5 Lean Cuisine meals for just $9! So not only are they a taste treat, they're a good financial choice. And if you can beleive it, they're only 5 or 6 points with Weight Watchers, so you can go right ahead and have that ice cream cone later and you won't even exceed your allotted points. I haven't changed my daily sit-on-my-A routine one single bit, and I've lost 4 pounds!

And let's be real-- for a girl like me who can but doesn't really cook, and I have a real hard time caring enough to make a bagged lunch, it's the perfect option, especially since I'm super handy with a microwave (at least for lunch. Don't worry everyone, I'll be a good wife and make dinner for Ames). Is there anything not to love about Lean Cuisine, which comes in wide variety of options to satisfy every taste?!!

I submit that there is not.

4 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I LOVE THEM TOO!!!!! I am such an advocate for them. I used to eat them for almost every meal. I am happy we are the same in our likes.

Erica said...

You need to make friends with this store in Springville... I haven't been yet but it's like an outlet store for Stouffers, and I'm 99% positive that my mom said they have Lean Cuisine there! You can get them really cheap, like $1.39. (I'll feel really bad if its not the right brand, but hey... still a good price for a frozen dinner?) Take the first Springville exit and turn right and the Flying J. It's at the end of that road (it T's).

Unknown said...

You don't know me,
But I like your blog. :)

ashleigh said...

I LOVE their Roasted Garlic Pizza. I always dip it in BBQ sauce. It's delightful. YAY to ready made food that's delicious and good for you too.