30 January 2009

observation

I'm pretty sure when I have children, they are not going to be unruly. They will be well-behaved and not scream uncontrollably in places of business so that employees cannot do their jobs. Even if they do scream a little, as children are wont to do, they will be quickly pacified because I will pay attention to them and not ignore them as they cry so loudly that employees cannot hear themselves talking to other patrons on the phone. I will not walk into an office and close the door-- which typically remains open during business hours, in case other people want to do business-- or let them toddle back behind the desks of employees. I will not let them wander off, and if by chance they do, I will not sit lazily in an office chair and call, "Emily.... Emily where are you.... EMILY!!!!!" (which, in this case, is the name of the child, not me) as the child wanders aimlessly and inappropriately through places of business. If necessary, my children will wear leashes, if that's what it takes to keep them under control.

But of course, my children will be perfectly behaved and socially aware, even when they're 2 years old, so of course I won't have to worry about leashing them.

3 comments:

Amy said...

My children already behave themselves. They are perfect really. Mostly because right now my children are imaginary. It's the best kind of children to have I've decided.

ashleigh said...

Like monkeys.

Marissa Waddell said...

oh my goodness.amen.