10 August 2011

news briefs

1. I started the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. I didn't understand what people meant when they told me the program made/makes them angry. I've done some Jillian workouts before and, while difficult (I'm not made for cardio yoga or whatever. But really.), they haven't made me "angry." But I get it now. I feel mad when I do Level 2 of The Shred. Like, I'm literally in a bad mood when I spend that 20 minutes of my life doing so many effing squats. But it's working. I have Incredible Shrinking Arms. Go figure.

2. I'm also still Couch-to-5K-ing, slowly but surely. I'm finding that I rather like it. And it gives me a good excuse to only Shred on the days I'm not C25King. I'm going to be the Incredible Shrinking Emily, complete with Incredible Shrinking Legs so I look cute in boots this fall.

3. But wait-- when can it be fall?? I really don't do well with summer and though I was trying to embrace the bare legs and short sleeves and a varied wardrobe of sunglasses, I'm suuuuuupes over it. I'm not a summer girl. In addition, I'm not a desert girl, so being suck in summer IN THE DESERT is getting really tiresome. Where can I live where it can be autumn for most of the year? Any tips?

4. Maybe if I go shopping for fall clothes to replace the summer clothes I'm weary of, it'll speed the mental process along. Also, I intend to wear boots and scarves daily beginning September 25 regardless of the temperature, so.

5. Speaking of September 25, I am having a 25th birthday party on September 24th. I know that's not the same as the 25, but the 25th is a Sunday so I figure we can have a party on the 24th that may roll over to the wee hours of the 25th and that will be appropriate. With sparklers. I just thought of that. Anyway, it's going to be loosely Big Fish themed, based on the barefoot party they have in Spectre with lots of lights and pretty dresses and Missy Pyle has enormous hair, and if you're in Utah, I would love to have you come. There will be delicious food and it will be in our backyard and I really hope everyone dresses nicely for it. And it will still be warm enough for bare feet! More details to come...

6. I've recently discovered Slim Fast meal bars. I had avoided them till now because they looked like protein bars which are naaaaaaast, but the Chewy Chocolate Crisp variety is really quite delightful and filling and not a protein bar (thus not chalky). Perfect for breakfast.

7. I dyed my hair red and it looks like this:My sister Lizzy took the photo and is really quite a wiz with a camera, if you're looking for headshots or portraits or whatev. CLICKY CLICKY her blog.

8. Hey guys-- let's be pinterest buddies.

9. Did you ever watch that show Better Off Ted? Probably not, since it only lasted two seasons. I didn't watch it either till now on Netflix, but all I'm saying is it's a hoot and a half. Little bit Arrested Development, little bit Big Bang Theory, little bit The IT Crowd... Little bit HILARIOUS.

10. I'm performing in a little production of a play called LITTLE HAPPY SECRETS as part of the fringe season at Salt Lake Acting Company. My friend Mel wrote it, and my friend Dave is directing it, and my friends Alex and Emily and Elise are in it with me. Please come see it, if you have an extra hour on August 26 or 27. It is a short show, but very interesting and we are all very excited about it. GET TICKETS HERE.

11. I'm looking to get a new camera. Any thoughts on something like an Olympus PEN E-PL2?



What's going on in your life?

8 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

1. You now have me interested in the Shred.

2. Here in Virginia, Fall lasts 3 full months. Spring boot weather lasts 3 full months. And Winter is mild enough to not hate it. That basically counts as Fall all the time, as long as you don't count the miserable hot months (now).

Megan said...

Holy smokes. I love your hair. Can I please have your hair? And your face while you're at it...

Lanée Jensen said...

My 2 year old nephew is sitting next to me at the computer and said: "I think that person is from the Incredibles." You look gorgeous, great color!

Bethany said...

Um, Virginia? Fall forever! You just will have to leave the state for a month or two in the summer, but otherwise can enjoy a long spring, long fall and mild winter. Love. it. And love. you.

Sarah Culp said...

You are inspiring me! I love your hair and I need to some effing squat myself. You go girl. Plus I miss you.

Sarah Culp said...

*need to DO some effing squats... I just got too carried and let my fingers go faster than my brain... now come and see me in Chicago. :)

ashleigh said...

Hey lovely lady! I am starting the shred on Monday, I've done it before and need to be totally buff. I am kind of going to be doing a c25k as well since I'm going to be signing up for a 5kmudrun that will be on the 24th of Sept. You are totally inspiring me to just do it. Love you tons!

...I hope I don't get angry doing it though, I don't remember if it made me angry...I guess I'm always a little bit bitty so it can't do harm.

P.S. Your picture...GORGE!!!

Stephanie said...

a few things:

first and foremost, we need to hang out. asap.

you are gorgeous. i love the hair color with all my heart. i've said it a billion times before, but i want to be you.

30 day shred is amazing. i let a friend borrow it and i haven't seen it in 6 months...maybe this can be an excuse to hang out? we can be angry together???