03 January 2011

first post of a new year

Guys, my blog followers are fluctuating as consistently as my weight. What gives! Are my posts about Katy Perry and things I want not interesting enough for you?!!

As it happens, I totally get that. I'm the most boring. My blog has no "point." Even if the "point" is to post about "pretty things" or "nice quotes" or "this is the book I'm reading," at least it would have a "point."

I'll work on that. I resolve to.

BECAUSE IT'S 2011!!!

When did that happen? Wasn't it, like, two years ago that we were all freaking out about Y2K and then the universe didn't even collapse? How is it Y2K11 already?

I sound old and curmudgeonly.

In the spirit of blogs I admire, here's a quick recap of items of note from 2010, in no particular order and with no indication as to whether or not each item was exactly positive:

1. Urinetown
2. Crochet
3. Lots of soup at Zupas
4. Ames's facial hair
5. Lizzy's wedding
6. Losing 22 lbs
7. Biking to work
8. Noorda Summer Camp
9. Crochet
10. Yarn
11. 1-year wedding anniversary
12. Cable and DVR
13. Snuggies
14. Big River sound booth
15. A Flickering
16. Grammy Green
17. Slumbies
18. Black-Brown hair
19. A Tale of Two Cities casting
20. Two new jobs
21. Trevor the cat
22. Alternator Fire '10
23. Crochet
24. Special K cereal bars (strawberry flavored)
25. Taco Bell

It wasn't a super eventful year for me...

But I have some planz to make 2011 more eventful, or at least trick myself into nostalgically thinking it was more eventful than it might prove to be (you never can tell with life):

1. Wear clothes with purpose.
2. Reach my goal weight.
3. Take one photograph EVERY DAY (sucking at this so far-- and it's only Day 3. Right?)
4. Work on my cool family history project.
5. Increase level of awesomeness by 10%.

I kid, I kid.

I want to increase my level of awesomeness by 15%.

Reach for the stars, guys.

Maybe I'll focus my blog this year around the one-photo-per-day idea and then it will have a "point" and suddenly I'll have 120987498175 followers, become a blogger.com Blog of Note, and my blog will be turned into a TV show starring me. That's sure to increase my awesomeness by even more than 15%, I bet.

Anyway, here's to life, learning, weight-loss, and tacos. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

4 comments:

Cristina said...

By the way, all your hard work is working. :) My mom said, after hanging out with you guys on Christmas, that you look like a totally different person. :)

Sarah Culp said...

Listen, if you increase your awesomeness to 15%, you'll be at 115% . . . can you be over 100%??

And I say, point - shmoint!

Love ya!

Sarah Culp said...

PS You are MY hero in every way. Every. Way.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun year. I especially liked the mention of that one project we got to do together. My other favorite is the losing of 22 pounds...SO AWESOME! I think we should do lunch or something some time.