09 September 2010

taco diet

It's no secret that I love food. My food hobby is the reason I am trying to lose 40 lbs. It's also the reason why I lost 17 pretty ok and I'm now struggling to get over the -20 hump.

Good News: I bought myself a pair of jeans in a size 6 this week and medium shirts are fitting me the way they're supposed to (in other words, not skin-tightly).

Bad News: I can't seem to drop below 154.6. I'm determined to, but just can't seem to manage.

You'd think this would have something to do with my insatiable craving for tacos.

Best News of My Life: You're wrong about the tacos being bad for my waist.

The trick is to order everything off the Fresco menu at Taco Bell. They're essentially the exact same items as the not-Fresco menu, but instead of cheese, they have a delicious fresh salsa on top. 1 Fresco Crunchy Taco = 3 WW points. COULD IT POSSIBLY GET BETTER?

I mean, you do have to watch out. Because I get it-- those Taco BellGrande nachos are the most delicious ever. At 18 points per serving, they had better be delicious. But seriously, the Fresco menu has changed my life, since everything on the menu is like 8 points or fewer. Usually fewer. Especially if you spring for the expensive chicken or steak filling instead of beef.

And they say that spicy food gets your metabolism juiced. Bonus.

The bottom line is that I think I basically plan to eat frozen dinners, Haribo Raspberries, Baked Lay's chips, and tacos for the rest of my weight loss.

I'll see you at Fourth Meal, everybody.

3 comments:

Alli Easley said...

I'll see you there, sister.

Kristin W said...

I am obsessed with Taco Bell. I live off of tacos...good or bad :)

ashleigh said...

OMG!!! Count me in!