29 September 2010

happy wednesday

This is an experiment.

I don't tend to get into blog trends like "flashback friday" or whatever. I mean I appreciate those kinds of prompts for others-- keep writing them. I like reading them sometimes. I just don't tend to write them myself.

But in an effort to post more consistently and maybe look forward to a mid-week slump and even perhaps to enrich this blog with contributions of others, I'd like to start my very own

~*~*~*happy wednesday*~*~*~

On this Wednesday I am happy about my hair. I took a pair of scissors to my bangs on Friday and now I've got a nicely framing fringe again. It's also a very dark brown color, almost black, in an attempt to channel classy ladies like Audrey Hepburn and Krysten Ritter and maybe Katy Perry who makes up with quirk what she lacks in class.

It wasn't quite so hot today as it has been lately, which makes me happy because I think it means autumn is actually on the way.

I started a new baby blanket, which will be darling, using a pattern which I will use in the future on a grown-up blanket, which will also be darling, and the yarn of it makes me so happy.

Yarn in general is just so happy. Especially yellow kind.

I had a visit from Heidi today, which made me happy, and also saw Alexis and Kelly and had lunch with Mr. Ames, and all of those people are very happy, even when we're talking about serious things. Serious does not equal unhappy.

I'm starting some no-joking voice coaching this week, which will improve my skills and make me sing more, and singing always makes me happy.

I read this article today as recommended by my friend Julie, and the article itself isn't very happy, but it is very inspiring. It also made me feel good because I've come to a place in my life where I'm not striving to be quite so perfect. I don't need to be perfect. I'm not perfect. I have faults and quirks, and sometimes they're kind of funny. I'm happy being me, and I really wish everyone could be happy as themselves.

I've started watching Hoarders (which deserves a post of its own) and today, it makes me happy that I have a nice little apartment with nice furniture that is increasingly coordinating, with nice things on the wall, and without a layer (or a foot or three) of filth all over it. I'm happy Ames and I help each other keep it nice.

And as always, I'm happy that Haribo Raspberries exist and that I can eat them.


What are you happy for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

Alli Easley said...

I'm happy that you blog. I'm also happy that you leave comments on my blog! I'm also happy that Haribo raspberries also exist. But I think we both already knew that.

Jeremy said...

I'm happy for certain things that may or may not be happening soon.

Julie Wilding said...

You that are my friend and scarves.

Heidi said...

Well, it's Thursday, but yesterday I was happy to see you, to be happy and serious, to be getting into my character, to be allowed to be a little angry and bitter, and to have been able to bring dinner home.

It was a good day. :)

(Word Verification: porsers. I like it.)