27 September 2010

career path

Given my sentiments about lipstick last week, I just wanted to follow up:

I wore lipstick six out of seven days last week. Because I'm not joking around anymore.

[I also finished reading The Hunger Games, which accounts for the fact that I just wrote a sentence followed by a clause. I'm not being a snob when I say that I enjoyed the book well enough, but I don't care to read the other two. My life will not change for better or worse for having not read them.]

You may be wondering how I chose various shades of lipstick to buy, since I'm severely lipstick impaired and terrified to buy something that will look dreadful with my coloring. Well of course I took the easy way out and bought the exact shade Jessica Biel wears in the commercial for the "Just Bitten" line of Revlon lipstain+balm. That's right-- I bought vampire-inspired lipstain. It's called "Passion." It is very pink and beautiful. It also makes me look ethereal and vampireish.
Incidentally, it's also nice and moisturizing, so I bet I'll buy more of this vampire lipstain+balm.

I bought some shirts at Express this week, which was kind of a big deal for me because I tend to feel like Express clothes have very slender cuts, which means things don't fit or flatter me. But I bought two shirts from Express, and they fit, and they're size medium, which is a triumph in the face of my unintentional weight maintenance.

I've been contemplating My Future lately (read: forever) and really trying to determine What Makes Me Happy.

1. Mr. Ames (duh)
2. Television
3. Clothes
4. Performing
5. Writing
6. Shopping
7. Having cool hair
8. Puppies
9. Good food
10. #s 2-9 involving Mr. Ames

Now that I've been graduated and in "the work force" long enough to appreciate that I've graduated and I'm now contributing to "the work force," it's time I start figuring a way to involve these kinds of things into a career. I understand that while it would be ideal to find a job that allows me to buy and wear clothes while having cool hair and then going home to eat good food and snuggle Mr. Ames and a puppy while watching television, I can't count on it.

I mean, in a perfect world...

But okay! Help me get creative, folks! What kinds of careers would allow me to mix-and-match these interests in a financially positive way?

Note: I like dressing myself and having my own cool hair and do not necessarily want to be responsible for the clothing and cool hair of others.


PS. I saw 30 Seconds to Mars on Saturday and Jared Leto tweeted a picture of me. LOOK THERE I AM CAN YOU SEE ME??

2 comments:

Alli Easley said...

I love Jared Leto, but mostly when he's not wearing tons of guyliner.

Xandra said...

Don't worry that I JUST put on my brand new revlon lipstick that I was TERRIFIED would look like bird crap on my face. I'm glad were both putting effort into the same things.