26 August 2010

not such a bad day

So I went to HCTO to try on costumes for an Archive Costumes photoshoot tomorrow.

Things I learned
1. I should always wear vintage clothes from 1960-1975...
2. ...especially if said vintage clothes are quilted...
3. ...or involve any velvet pattern...
4. ...and are rompers.
5. I'M SKINNY.

Okay, it's relative, but guys-- seriously almost every thing I tried on not only fit, but looked awesome.

Then I went to Costco and ate a hot dog.

In other news, the Universe is collapsing upon me, but those are all stories for another day. Well, I'll tell you a quick one right now about how the battery in our car died last night, so we had Farmer's Roadside Assistance come help us jump it in case they would have to tow it, and after two attempts, it finally jumped, and then I was instructed to wait around for a half hour letting it run, but instead I took it straight to Pep Boys and it's a good thing I did because the car FAILED literally as I was pulling into the parking space and shifting into park. Phew! Got the battery changed, at least. But it's just an example.

Dear Universe,
I want to be friends, and I think you want to be friends too since after all this, there was that nice little slice of time in the fitting room where everything fit on my body. Even though things are going wrong, thank you for sucking in my waistline.
Love, Emily

2 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Don't be skinny yet! I'm not skinny yet! I need to lose 30 more lbs! Let's walk and talk next week when I get back.

Also, I love rompers. Don't tell anyone though.

Linze Kate said...

You are SO funny, Em... Seriously, sometimes I forget. Then, your blog pleasantly reminds me. :)
*muah*