11 September 2007

The Drowsy Chaperone-- on tour!

Okay, so I lovelovelove the music from this show. I've been dying to see it, and based on everyone's recommendations, I've got good reason to be dying to see it. My mom is dear friends with an actor named Cliff Bemis, most widely recognized for his long-running gig as Cliff the IHOP Man on old IHOP commercials. Cliff wrote Mom a little while ago to tell her he'd been cast as Mr. Feldzeig in the touring company of The Drowsy Chaperone a few months back, and they officially start performances in Toronto next Wednesday (an auspicious day, as it is my birthday:D ).


So yay. The show is coming to Salt Lake City sometime next summer, I think. This is exciting, particularly because the touring cast is so good (assuming they stick around that long): Robert Dorfmanvas Underling, Georgia Engel as Mrs. Tottendale, and Bob Martin reprising his role as Man In Chair for the Toronto performances.

After that, Bob Martin will be replaced by another Canadian actor, Jonathan Crombie, who replaced him on Broadway for a short while this past winter. And I'm FREAKING OUT like a little girl who's had one too many cupcakes. Why is this significant, you ask? Why should I be all up in arms about an obscure actor named Jonathan Crombie? See, this is Jonathan Crombie:


And how much do I love that Gilbert Blythe? There are few words, friends. Few words.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I'm dying to see this show, not gonna lie. Let's just go to NY, k?

Mandy said...

oh gilbert...
i love anne of green gables! :)

Eliza said...

Oh my I totally remember him from 21 Jump Street as Bill Howard in 1 episode in 1991. Really? "no I lied Shia". (that was for you alli)

I can't believe ash has never taken you down to see our mom's musicals! What kind of sister is she? If I'd known we were sisters earlier I would have taken you mahself!

@emllewellyn said...

Jen-- Who needs NY when it's coming here? WITH JONATHAN CROMBIE?!!

Mandy-- Ironically, I hate Anne. HATE her. I find her grating and annoying. Maybe I'm biased because I love Emily Starr of the similar Emily series, but... whatever.

Elizer-- I know, right? Your mom does musicals, MY mom does musicals, I do musicals...we're a musical bunch. PS. That Shia sketch is absolutely, 100% my favorite SNL skit of ALL TIME.

Alli Easley said...

Eliza - Thank you, and for your efforts, I've made you some baked cereal.

@emllewellyn said...

Alli-- When did you have time to make that?

Alli Easley said...

For my sisters...I have all the time in the world.

Ashley O said...

psh where is my baked cereal? I know how much it means to you!

@emllewellyn said...

Oooohhhhhh Ashley. You make me feel like a school girl again!