16 March 2011

self-improvement

Dear Body,

I just wanted to briefly apologize for all I've put you through in recent months-- the early mornings, the late nights, the tension headaches, the unfulfilled promises of hotness. It's been rough! I get it! And now, on top of it, I'm adding a daily fitness routine. This should help to fulfill the promises of hotness and size 4 jeans, but now you have sore muscles and are generally fatigued. Sorry about that.

I'm doing my best to fuel you right, though. I'm sure you've noticed the dramatic cut-back in Diet Coke intake. The Coca-Cola company may be taking a major hit without my economic contributions, but I think you can agree, Body, it's for the best. I'm trying to keep you hydrated with lots of spring water that isn't actually sweetened by any kind of flavoring at all. Can you believe it? I'm growing up.

There's not much I can do about the early mornings, or even the late nights sometimes, but in an effort to keep you in shape for all these gym visits, we're working together to improve mental health, which should improve the spirit too. It's nice working toward balanced health. I mean, I think you can agree that you needed a little break too as we've been basically unconcerned lately with eating habits. Stressful times aren't the best for breaking your back with a killer diet or workout program. And all those chips tasted good, didn't they?

But won't it be nice when you can (finally) fit into this in a few months?
I mean, really, Body. We can do this!!

Just hang in there, kay? Keep helping me get through the day-to-day and I promise to keep working toward treating you better. You're the only body I've got and I like you. Sorry for not proving it always!

Love ya!

Emily

4 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Girl, I LIVE on this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Lemonade-Drink-Mix-1.41-oz/10415657

And it's cheap. And actually good. And it counts as your water and makes it go down so much easier. I can GUZZLE a bottled water if there's this stuff in it. That's what helped me lose those 60 lbs I lost when I moved from SLC to here.

Heidi said...

Oh my stars I need that bathing suit. It will look AWESOME on you!

Sarah Culp said...

Dear Emily,
I love you.
That bathing suit is A-Dorable.
You are awesome.
I miss you.
Love,
Sarah

Keri said...

Dear Emily's Body,
You are hotness embodied (see how well that is a combo plate of Emily + Body?). But who wouldn't want to be wrapped in that gorgeous suit. Mine is jealous already.