19 January 2010

day 6: whatever tickles your fancy

Turns out I'm really bad at the blogging-every-day thing. I used to be awesome at it, back when I was single and sat around on my computer well into the wee hours of the morning. Honestly, I'm starting to blog only from work these days, which explains why I didn't blog much last fall... These days, if I don't have time to blog at work, I don't feel like it much after rehearsal, when I'd rather put on my snuggle pants and fall asleep watching Prince Caspian. Am I right, ladies?

But the benefit of this blog-a-day is that it's getting me thinking about blogging again and I actually care about it. I guess I'll keep plugging even though maybe it's boring and maybe no one reads it and maybe it doesn't even matter because I'll be a famous blogger someday even if that day is not today.

Currently tickling my fancy:
I bought this yesterday at IKEA. I saw it at IKEA months ago in October, and I would think about it now and then, and then the other day I thought how darling it would be on my kitchen table, so yesterday I just bought it. I did. I went nuts, and it came home with me.

Now I know what you're thinking, those who know me well enough to know that I don't really, you know, bake. It's a frivolous purchase and what will I do with it, really? I'll tell you what I'll do with it. I'll use it as inspiration to make me bake. I mean, I don't care if it's brownies out of a box, they'll look eighty times cuter stacked in this little glass case than in the 8"x8" Pyrex I usually leave out.

On a related note, I'm totally making over our little apartment. It's going to be bomb, you guys. Believe it.

2 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Guess what else is cute inside cake domes? Little nick-nacky things for each holiday. No baking required!

Katie Sue said...

Maybe I love you a LOT. Maybe. :)