25 October 2010

regarding the weather

Dear Universe,

I'm writing to tell you about how I don't mind the sudden change in temperature, and I don't even mind the prospect/appearance of snow on this, October 25.

I don't want you to think I'm saying this just to get something in return. I'm not even asking for any favors and I don't have any reason to suck up. I'm not using The Secret. I just wanted to tell you about how I like the chill and I don't even mind the snow.

In fact, I wanted to tell you it because it seems like so many people get mad about the weather. When it's 102 degrees, it's too hot. When it's 50 degrees, it's too cold. When there aren't any clouds, it's too sunny. When there are too many clouds, it's too gray. We live in a desert, where weather patterns are extreme. I get it! I'm not complaining.

And about the snow that some people got last night and this morning-- don't worry. I like it. If this were Back East, everyone would just kind of shrug about it. I can't tell you how many Halloweens I spent with an umbrella over my head to protect my witch wig from the snow. It's no biggie, Universe. I like any excuse to wear twelve layers and scarves and gloves and hats.

But okay, if you're feeling generous, and you appreciate how I appreciate your unpredictable weather habits, I'm getting a haircut this week and it would be really awesome if it turned out awesome. But I only say that because I'm going to have pictures taken in the Autumn Weather and I'd really like my hair to compliment the autumness of the season, is all.

Thanks the most.

Stay unpredictable,

Emily

No comments: