27 October 2010

happy wednesday

You know, sometimes you just have a bad day. And it isn't rotten, and it isn't horrible, and the sun is actually shining through the clouds at the end of the day, but it was still a bad day.

And you probably haven't eaten enough but have no appetite to eat which is at least nice for the scale because you've overeaten all week, and you don't feel like watching TV all night even though that's what you'll end up doing, and you didn't get to kiss your husband enough because timing was just bad during the bad day, even though he was the nicest and brought you a big 44 oz-er. And you have to go to the bathroom, and the voicemail light is blinking, and you still have an hour left before you can go home, and you should probably march across campus to deliver that memo, and you live in an apartment where all you want is the puppy you're not allowed to have, and the only thing you can think about is the back room that's full of stuff and you can't find motivation to put it away--

It's all a little easier when you just focus on happy.

2 comments:

Kristin W said...

Oh yeah. I KNOW those days...at least you're trying to stay positive! I'm usually just take a good cry and wallow in my frustration for a night...

Shelby Lou said...

Bad day's are the worst.

I'm kind of digging your blog.

My name is Shelby Lou and I swear I am not a creeper. I just like to put that in the open.

-Shelby Lou

www.shelbyloudelong.blogspot.com