31 March 2010

about a play i'm in

I figure it's high time to announce this show I'm in. It is

A Flickering
at the Historic Provo Theatre
Preview April 8, 7:30pm
Performances nightly April 9-12, 16-19
Matinees 2:30pm April 10 & 17

Look, my face is on the poster.
Don't I look distant and disappointed? And the period makeup they added to my contemporary face looks great. I have little bow lips, guys.

I play an ambitious silent film writer/director called Max, who convinces her friend Samantha to be in her big break-through film, until Howard (pictured below) the cinematographer steals the footage and sells it to Famous Players, who releases the film to Max's dismay and Samantha's ruin. High drama, right? And there's a live upright grand piano to accompany us.

We have a blog. It's fledgling, but picking up steam.

This is what we look like in the show (kind of).
In real life, after I have my hair cut, better hair-curling tools, etc., I hope to channel Bebe Daniels a little more. Isn't she so chic?
So anyway. Come see this show, please. I'm pretty proud of it (though we're still a week away from opening and I need every minute I can have to practice and go over these lines I'm starting to panic about forgetting them omg what if my mind goes blank?!?!?!?!?!??!). I might even give you a coupon for $2-off as a bribe. You can get tickets online right now from the comfort of your own home! So what's stopping ya!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you naked on that there poster?!?!?

@emllewellyn said...

No no no, I'm wearing a shirt and a cardigan!

Rachel said...

HA! I didn't think so, but it kinda looked like it. :)