17 December 2009

job update

So you guys.

I GOT A JOB.

It's true. After all that whining and freaking out and heaving breaths, I got a job. And not just any job.

I got THE job.


Let me introduce you to the new Noorda Theater at Utah Valley University. It is shiny and new, and its focus is to be a pretty youth-oriented theater, which means we'll be starting summer youth programs in 2010 (which I'll help to organize and run-- exciting!). Ames performed in the Noorda this year, when he was Lurvy in Charlotte's Web, and sometimes he builds sets for Noorda shows. There's even a small chance that he might do a work study next semester building sets, but that's another story.



This story is about ME and how I got THE JOB at UVU.

My official position is Administrative Assistant II and I'll assist the director of the Noorda Theater, but I'll have my foot in the general theater department as well. It's a salaried job, with full health benefits. I mean, my position will mean that Ames has to lose his scholarship because being full time, I get free tuition for both of us.

Free tuition! Free tuition! Free tuition!

I begin January 4. Thank you everyone so much for your thoughts and suggestions and prayers, since I know there were a lot of those on our behalf. I'm so thrilled to have gotten a job at all, to say nothing of THE job that I wanted, which balances all of my job experience and interests and qualifications.

I'm a happy girl.

6 comments:

I AM KITTY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I AM KITTY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I AM KITTY said...

There is something about your blogs that I just love.

They're so fantastic. You seem pretty fantastic actually. And when I saw your blog name "Alpine Path" I immediately thought of Emily Of New Moon :) <3

So I found your blog randomly when I was searching for pictures of Scarlett Johansson and her blonde hair because I was dying my hair and wanted to look a bit like her. Which I can't say that I do but I am happy with my new hair. Okay - I am rambling now and you have no idea who I am but that's alright.

I am glad you got the job you wanted :)

Heidi said...

I'm so happy for you! This post gives me hope that I'll find The Job soon. :) (hopefully on campus with you!)

Robbie said...

AHHH! You deserve it! Congrats! I love it!!!!!!!

Linze Kate said...

Congrats girl! That's so exciting - hope things continue to go your way! Oh, and the hair... muy bien.
*muah*