21 November 2009

truths

1. I hate the phrase "...that is."
As in, The way they think, that is. I think it's really pretty obnoxious tacked onto the end of sentences, because it's a clarifier that people think is all clever when they use it typically. A clever clarifier. But it's not clever, it's annoying. To me, that is.

2. I'm pretty excited by having in-laws.
And I'm really pumped to have another brother-in-law in January because he is pretty cool and I've known him for a long time, even if he doesn't ever blog, practically.

3. Urinetown is going to be a freakin funny show.
I don't think I even ever officially mentioned that Ames and I are both cast in Urinetown the Musical at UVU, in spite of the fact that I'm not even a student. Ha! We don't open till January 21 (had to get an early start before Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks), but we've already started run-thrus and it is so, so funny. It's been a relatively delightful rehearsal process so far, too. I'm excited for Ames to have an awesome/gross cop mustache and for me to wear a pregnant suit and jump rope and sing all at the same time. Intrigued now, aren't you?

4. I really need/want a full time job.

There is one that I applied for at UVU that I am trying my very hardest to secure for myself (and Ames, since it'll be great income and I can get free school and benefits) with the theater department at UVU. I feel pretty good about it and have all kinds of fingers crossed and recrossed and crossed again.

5. I can live without facebook...

For various/ridiculous reasons that don't need detailing, we haven't had the internet in our apartment for approximately 9 weeks. Don't get me started about this. But my point is, I haven't been able to spend much time online lately-- as in, today is the first time I've logged into anything since Monday, and I've survived.

6. ...but probably not without Twitter.

I. Love. Twitter. It's silly, but I love it. I love sending tweets, I love receiving tweets (mostly), I love having almost 90 followers (woo woo!). And on that note:

7. You only "get" Twitter once you just dive in and use it.

Get it sent to your phone, guys. You'll get it, I promise.

8. My wedding rings are seriously the most beautiful that ever existed.
I wish I had a better picture to post than the ones I took right after we were engaged. They're so sparkly and lovely and people think it's a whole lot more fancy than it actually is. I think that's part of the reason I love them too, because they're actually really very simple but they're tricksy and just kind of little and unassuming.

9. In-N-Out is just a hamburger place, not Mecca.

In-N-Out just opened locally and the greater Provo-Orem area has gone CRAZY. I was informed that people were waiting in line the length of an entire city block. Are you kidding me? It's a hambuger. I get them for $0.99 at Wendy's or McDonald's or Burger King or IceburgArcticCircleRedRobinBurgerSupremeSonicDairyQueenChadder'sFiveGuys whenever I want. I don't intend on tasting In-N-Out (since I haven't ever) until the craze has settled down enough that I can wait in line for less than ten minutes like a regular person who is not obsessed with beef patties.

10. It is possible that I am, in actuality, one of those Blog Girls who love fall.
I intend to expound on this later, but I think that, while I hate Blog Girls with their awesome blog layouts and awesome music playing and awesome ambiguous profile pictures (usually of their shoes) and cool hair and exclusively lower-case lettering, I might be one a little bit. What if I am? We have a lot of similar traits, in that we love fall and crunchy leaves, wearing scarves and boots, and the way it smells outside. Also snuggling, Christmas approaching, cardigans, and wearing lots of layers. I love all of those things, with passion. I've even blogged about it. And I selectively lower-case letter! But Blog Girls annoy me so hard. How do I reconcile this? To be continued (with bated anticipation, I'm sure).

11. The Twilight series is a dissenting topic to discuss within a marriage.
For real, Ames and I came as close to we ever have come to a legitimate argument (but not really) regarding Team Edward vs. Team Werewolf. There's a tweet-fight about it floating around the internet and various text message inboxes. Do not discuss Twilight if you want to avoid serious (but unserious) contention.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey supervisor, i like reading your blog. and i like that you named this post "truths". and i like that sometimes i forget how funny you are but then i remember and laugh and laugh and laugh. and i like that my english may or may not be awful. that is all.

Megan said...

I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that you and Ames are in Urinetown! I have wanted to see that show for a looooooong looooooooong time. So, I will be seeing it. Sean will probably come, too. Just thought you would like to know.

ps-I'm sorry we have not been married friends yet. This semester has been crazy.

Aubry Wilkes said...

I think it is fabulous... the whole in-law thing. Bring on more family!

And...
By the way: I have never understood the In-and-out craze either. I will never forget eating my first... and only in-and-out burger... NOT impressed. I remember thinking, "Bleh, are you kindding me? This is it"


ON another note: keep an eye out for a package coming your way!

Love you guys!

ashleigh said...

So...I'm seriously considering changing my blog picture from my moody face to my delightful converse. What have you done? Why do I miss Pericles? Which color converse will take the place of my face? So many questions come from reading your blog.

Robbie said...

But I have to know! Who is on who's side?? Em, are you on team Edward or Jacob. I have to know. HAVE to.