12 September 2009

fortelling

I found this scrawled across a piece of paper in a box filled with assorted things from my old apartment.


January 1, 2009
I threw a really big party tonight. People came to it, and it was beautiful. I danced with half a dozen boys who all attended because they love me-- and I danced with one who might actually love me a little for real. He squeezed my hand when I bru
shed his fingers and my heart raced when we just danced in silence. I felt pretty and I knew, even though he didn't say it, he thought I looked pretty too. I felt pretty with him. I wanted to hold his hand and it felt easy and normal, like I might, but I didn't, and he didn't kiss me at midnight.

I should liked to have kissed him.


That was a really great party, Julie. Let's have another one this year.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I vote for another party this year. Count me in for real. It can be an anniversary of sorts for you. :)

Julie Wilding said...

You convinced me. Good convincing skills.