22 December 2008

jane austen fan club

Confession: I love Jane Austen. I love Jane Austen books, I love Jane Austen movies, I love BBC Jane Austen. Sometimes I watch Pride & Prejudice 1.5 times in a row when it's on Oxygen because I forget how much I love it but then it's on and I love it and I can't turn away except to turn off the part when Darcy stretches his hand because it's so much my favorite part that I can't even stand to watch it, which makes complete sense, doesn't it? I can't say that I go so far as to stand in the second-floor window at Shakepeare's birthplace and have a "Jane Austen moment," looking out into the garden, but absolutely she pierces me to the core. Give me Darcy! Give me Tilney! GIVE ME CAPTAIN WENTWORTH!!!!

There, I said it.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, Captain Wentworth. I think he's my favorite. I really do.

Ashley O said...

you have turned me to love that hand stretching part. i showed my love for it when i watched it with my roommates...verbally of course...and it kinda scared them because i squealed. you know. how we do. i was so loud mainly because it was the first time i had seen that movie. yeah i know and i'm in love...

please excuse my lack of capitalization and misuse of ellipses.

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

You might have been able to have a Jane Austin moment at Shakespeare's birthplace if it hadn't felt like a bad attempt at a theme park but remember how charming Mary Arden's farm was. Sigh. I will love Jane Austin forever. Mr. Darcy is just too yummy...

I AM KITTY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.