27 April 2008

Irony

I was in a car accident today.

No, I don't mean a metaphorical one (though I'll be getting to that in a second). I mean, on the corner of 3rd N 5th E, I got rammed by a 1989 Dodge Ram. My bumper came off clean and I did a fancy 180 in the street.

Luckily, I'm okay. My head hurt for a while earlier, but I think it's mostly because I started bawling the minute the police officer drove away. And luckily, there was zero damage to the other girl's car, aside from a few spots of paint that transfered from my bumper to her grill.

Interestingly, though (and this is where I'm getting metaphorical), I had just dropped off a friend of mine with whom I'd spent the afternoon-- with whom I fancied myself in love with for the majority of my teenage years. Ah, Super Saturdays certainly made sparks fly, didn't they? Anyway, it was indeed a super Saturday today, if not a Super Saturday, and it was the first time we've hung out in more than a year. I felt good about it. Perhaps not good enough to start thinking romantically again, but good.

Though I must say, getting in a car accident a mere 2 blocks from his apartment certainly drives the point home a little.

Bottom line: I'm not going to marry that boy. If I try to, my house will probably catch on fire or something.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh Emily!! I just got my car back from the body shop, where it was fixed after someone rear-ended me. It took two weeks for the claim to even be processed. Blar. I hope your car (and YOU!) get better soon! I'm glad you're ok and that I got to see you last night.

Ms. Julie said...

Wow. I'm so glad you're okay! Do you feel like a stunt driver now? :)

Kirsten Krason said...

Do I know this boy? For your own safety and the safety of your children do not marry him.

A and O said...

I'm sorry about the accident, but CONGRATS on getting into Little Women! That's so exciting!

Marissa Waddell said...

YOU'RE IN LITTLE WOMEN??? yesssssss.

Heather Davis said...

i'm glad it didn't work out em. i'm so sorry you got in an accident, how scary! that is kinda funny though that it happened right after you saw him.