13 February 2008

What's happened to the theater?

Especially where dancing is concerned.

Hey. So, it turns out I'm in a play right now. Also turns out it's a pretty adorable show.


WHO: Me, but mostly a bunch of my talented friends and a Boston Terrier.
I wear fox furs, you guys. Like, two foxes scalped, stuffed, sewn together, and thrown around my shoulders. Also, these people I get to work with are pretty spectacular soo... bonus for you as an audience. The Boston Terrier's name is Maximus and he is a very good dog. Oh, and for any Timpview grads-- Mr. Chris Brower is playing piano and gracing the stage.

WHAT: "She Loves Me"
It's pretty much "You've Got Mail" only a musical, set in 1930s Hungary. I mean sure, you're not going to hear Tom Hanks say anything about going to the mattresses, but hello, The Godfather hadn't been produced in the 1930s. And letter-writing is WAY more cute than screen names like "ShopGirl."

WHERE: Hale Center Theater Orem
225 W 400 N
Orem, UT 84057
(801) 226-8600

WHEN: February 14 - April 5
It's true. You have almost two whole months to get around to stopping by. And LUCKY YOU, I'm appearing nightly! so you won't miss out. I mean, should you feel so inclined to come see it that is.

WHY: For the love of musicals/1930s fashion/Boston Terriers/adorability/Me
I'm not even tooting my own horn here, this is a seriously boss show. It's STINKING cute, and Jerry Elison makes us all cry with adorable heartbreak every single night. I hate overusing words, but really, "adorable" is all that comes to mind. Adorable adorable adorable.

HOW: It just might be your lucky day...
As luck would have it, I have a number of FREE VOUCHERS still available to use before March 13! What? How do you get your hands on one/more of these? Foist come foist served, my friends. I'll give them away till I don't have any more, but they are limited in number. But listen! Don't feel bad if I run out! You can still come see for a small fee. As an added benefit, most guys will easily impress their dates as their dates will be ready to fall in love with anyone by the end of the evening-- plan accordingly.


Anyway. There's my shameless plug. If you'd like to see me in fox furs or looking like Nancy Drew, now you know how.

7 comments:

Heather Davis said...

em how fun!! i love seeing you in plays. i want to come for sure, that looks like such a cute play.

Heidi said...

Well. A Boston terrier, you say? I'm sold!

As if I wasn't already. ;)

shauna said...

We're coming in March to watch Ashley dance, so we will have to get tickets for that week...

Shauna

Kirsten Krason said...

If I lived in Utah I would totally come. And i would drag my husband to it. I love plays and to see you in it would be the best part. Guys and Dolls forever!

Ashley O said...

my mom better come support you!!! she's gonna be here for 3 blastin days!!!

Ashley O said...

well and of course I'm going to come too! cuz you are doing the show for 87 years!

Matthew said...

I have a hard time finding a word other than "adorable." Indeed...