27 March 2007

Potpourri

I'd like to begin by informing all my female readers of the Best Make-up Ever:

Cover Girl's Outlast All Day Liquid Make-up.
Step 1: 14 SPF sunscreen primer. Not quite sunscreen, not quite lotion, but it makes your skin all soft and pretty to prepare for the actual color. (Why it's not just 15 SPF is kind of a mystery.)
Step 2: All-day color that doesn't smudge, come off when you sweat, or make you look all shiny and nast. I swear by it, particularly for performances when you need to look nice onstage (but I also use it on an almost-daily basis without it feeling yucky and caked).


Spring Festival of Nations is tomorrow night. I'm making pierogies and kielbasa for the international potluck (anyone surprised?? Hey, it's food I want to eat, right?) I'm a little concerned about our dance, Oas, but I think it'll all turn out alright. I just kind of wish I was in the front for the last bit of it. It wouldn't be so bad if we were in the Marriott Center where everyone could look down on us, but it's okay. With stage make-up everyone looks different and pretty unrecognizable in matching costumes anyway.


I spoke with J-- yesterday about dance. I need to just stop thinking about what D-- thinks. I actually had a pretty nice experience during church the other day in which I just kept praying for some kind of guidence. Because you know, as much as I love it, if this isn't what I should be aiming to progress in, I can just throw in the towel, so to speak, as long as I know it's the right thing to do. But the fact remains, I've always felt like this is where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing.

Well the Lord does bless us. At some point I read in D&C 68:6:
Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you...

So of course I felt immediately better, especially when followed by Isaiah 41:10-11, 13:
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing...
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

What more confirmation do I need than that? Everything is going to work out the way it needs to, and if these scriptures are actual indications, they'll work out in my favor. I won't be afraid, and I'll stop being dismayed all the time, and I'll be physically strengthened, and maybe in the process I'll confound a few people (namely, D--).

Life is good.

1 comment:

Ashley O said...

I SOOOO NEEDED TO HEAR THAT!!! the scriptures more than the make-up part of course!