21 September 2011

love fall

Do you know what the greatest thing about the fall is?

I mean aside from the layered clothing and boots and leaves and crispy air and Falloween decorations in my house all leading up to Christmas and snow-- besides all that?

Television.

No better way to kick off my 25th year and this season of all the greatest shows than with the Emmy Awards this weekend, during which I have never been more inspired to be a television actress. Think of all the shows we have to look forward to!

America's Next Top Model!

30 Rock!

Grey's Anatomy!

PARKS AND RECREATION!!!


And so, so many more.

Last night I also had the pleasure of catching my dear friend Greg on Raising Hope, and New Girl was pretty funny (although I've got a blog brewing about my dissatisfaction with the growing number of plots based around totally awesome and super quirky girls who eat like crap and are magically skinny and so totally adorable with their super weird clothes and adorable anti-social behavior and clever pop culture references).

I did watch Glee even though I've decided I'm basically OVER IT. It's just not very interesting to me anymore aside from the kids from The Glee Project showing up this season. The Glee Project is interesting to me. And even though I hated her on The Glee Project, give it up for Lindsay and her killer mash-up of "Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do" (and the brilliant editing that smoothed over her fake tap dancing).

In other non-TV related news, I juiced a nectarine this morning. It didn't result in very much juice (even though it was the juiciest, ripest nectarine ever in existence), but it did provide a touch of tang to my apple/pear/carrot mix.

Even though I was off the juice for a few days, I just need to tell you how much better I feel about my health and my appearance when I've got a few glasses of juice in me each day. I don't feel overstuffed. Even when I eat solid food in addition to juice, I don't eat as much, and my stomach feels empty, even though I'm satisfied. I don't feel quite so thick in the middle, do you know what I mean?

Also, I've noticed I sleep better. I don't toss and turn quite so much, I fall asleep more quickly and with less anxiety. Isn't that weird? To have anxiety when trying to go to sleep? I guess I just mean I can more easily "shut off my brain" so I fall asleep real fast without thinking about a thousand things (which is what makes me anxious). So that's good. I want to keep sleeping well.

Cheers to television, fall, and more juicing.

Day 9 -- 160.2 lbs

No comments: