28 September 2011

~*~*happy wednesday*~~*~

Last night, for the first time in so long I don't care to think about it, I sat down and had a very long, in-depth scripture study. It made me feel really good about myself, and in combination with the increasingly autumnal weather, and red lipstick, and a renewed interest in getting dressed in real clothes, I think it's the most Happy Wednesday I've seen in a while.

~*~*~* happy wednesday *~*~*~

1. nail polish in speedy hot tamale to match lipstick in flame.
I sure love coral-y, orange-y reds these days. I'm learning to embrace boldness and remember that I'm only as cool as I think I am. It's a mindset. If I want to be as cool as fashion bloggers and the all-star cast of America's Next Top Model, I need to just go on and rock it. Think, Professor, think!

2. wearing my cat-eye glasses.
Maybe it's that I've been watching Mad Men (finally), but really I think it's just that the heat of summer is passing and I don't want to tear them off my overheating-in-the-desert face anymore. And they were only like $25 at my favorite online glasses store.

3. my funny snuggle cats, trevor and lucille 2.
They are the cutest. They don't really get along because Lucille 2 is a terrible bully (which is actually kind of funny sometimes), but last night they both slept on the bed for almost the whole night! I never knew I could love a cat. Now I love two. If you come to our party, maybe you'll meet them.

4. we're having a party.
It celebrates cardigans and involves really yummy food, and we might play Werewolf. I keep plugging it, so obvs I'm excited. Be there.

5. i have really talented people in my life.
I'm kind of overwhelmed by it lately. Of course, on the one hand it makes me feel very small-- which is, I suppose, means I'm just feeling humbled. And that is good. But on the other hand, I'm just filled with pride to associate with such wonderful folks. I'm a lucky girl!



What's going on in your Happy Wednesday?

1 comment:

Sarah Culp said...

If I could have the chicken sandwich with grapes on a croissant right now... that would be my happy (fill in the blank day)

Miss you... and I love the idea of you in cat-eye glasses