14 December 2010

prabbles

Guys, I literally have never had more papercuts all over my hands than I have right now. There's one right on the very pad of my left ring finger that's particularly irritating since I have to use it to type. Bandaids everywhere, not to mention my nicely bruised right middle finger that I smashed while (defeatedly) trying to move a couch the other day.

If I were a Victorian lady, people would judge me.

I've got news:

1. I started the new gig. So far so good. Still learning the ropes, but I'm pleased with what I've been able to learn in two days. More than anything it's a matter of getting myself and all the materials organized because it's as if everything went KABOOM! and here I am to make sense of it. Everyone in the office is really nice and helpful, though. Aside from the papercuts, and the fact that I go home exhausted from learning, it's going smoothly. I'm happy. Good choice.

2. I've been cast in a play. More specifically, I've been cast in the ensemble of A Tale of Two Cities at HCTWV. Ames will be playing Cruncher. We've got all kinds of friendlies in the cast with us, but more than anything I'm thrilled to be taking a step forward. There were literally hundreds of people who auditioned, and it looks like there will be about a dozen or so women in the cast-- I am so so lucky.

3. Wii Fit Plus is the greatest invention of all time. We got a Wii for Christmas and were forced literally FORCED to open it early! I've had my eye on a Wii for a real long time because I've always known that if I could play video games that would trick me into exercising, I'd be must more successful about losing weight-- especially since I've totally plateaued. Anyway, if you didn't know, it turns out that I'm a secret Rhythm Boxing chamption. Also, I a Snowball Pro. If you have a Wii consol but are among those who haven't got a Wii Fit yet, I highly recommend it. I love tracking my progress and shaving off a few extra oz every workout. Just you watch-- I'm going to be 135 lbs before this show opens. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

4. I'm joining the ranks of crafters at Etsy. Shortly I'll be debuting PRIBBLES & PRABBLES: THE STORE at Etsy to try my hand at selling some of these crochet things I've been yarning. I have compliments all the time on my headbands, particularly the ear-warming kind, so I figure I'll see if I can at least keep this habit self-funded, right? Looking forward to that, hopefully sometime over Christmas break.

What's new in your lives?

1 comment:

Alli Easley said...

I need Wii Fit. We also got a Wii but I've been swordfighting for days. I'm obsessed. OH and I love bowling with 100 pins. I'm so trashy, I love it.

Plus, I need an earwarming crochet'd thing.