27 December 2010

christmas wrap up

It's kind of too bad that there are so few people in my life who really, truly appreciate the fact that Taco Bell isn't so much a "staple" in life so much as it is a "food group."




But for real.




In other news, I've re-reapplied myself in this weight loss thing. Like, Wii Fit is great, and Michael Jackson The Experience will certainly be a fun addition, but as much as I've reapplied myself for months, I'm serious this time. Like how I was serious in May serious. This is happening.


I need that Esther Williams bathing suit for springtime like whoa.


And maybe also this dress.

130 in 24, everybody.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: we rescued a cat for Christmas! His name is Trevor and he's the darlingest thing in the world.

Can all you people who know me at all even believe that I, the most self-proclaimed dog lover in the world, have fallen in love with a cat? WELL BELIEVE IT. He's the most precious-- he was stuck in that cage for like six months and we just had to save him. So we did. He's from the same adoption shelter that my parents' dog Sprout came from. He's just a cat! Just a sweet, unassuming cat with eyes like Puss in Boots. Am I right?

Long story short, he can't live with us till we move in a few weeks, but we wait with anxious anticipation.

Also tonight is the 2-year anniversary of my first "date" with Ames. Of course, I also had two other, simultaneous dates that night... but we're going back to Tuchanos tonight to celebrate anyway. Why has the last two years felt like seven hundred? I love it.

I can't imagine a better way to spend 2011 (aka Year 3) than losing 20 more lbs and snuggling up to a cat in an apartment with no noise from upstairs.

Did you all have a nice Christmas?

2 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Yes! I did! And I have SO much to tell you. Also, I'm a dog person who long ago became a cat person. It happens. Cats are lovey and yet not so needy and just you wait...just you wait.

Also, I'm giant and can't wait to get this little #7 out so I can be skinny like you. Also, we're naming the baby "Fin" like "end" because um, the end. No more babies for us for real. Also, that's not true about "Fin" being his/her name, I just made that up right now. And my secret code word I have to type right now to post this comment is "sessions". Think it's a hint from The God to go to the temple? Probably.

(tell me about your job too. K, I'm out)

ashleigh said...

Okay. We need to be in the same state sometime so that we can enjoy Taco Tuesday! Just like old times.