08 June 2010

phasing

I hit a milestone today. I've made it out of the 160's.

WOO WOO WOO!

Oddly enough, it comes after a week of emotional eating and little exercising. The summer camp at work started yesterday, and I've discovered that I am not one of those girls who loses weight when I'm under stress. Stress is interpreted by my body as impending apocalypse and therefore flips into starvation mode, clinging with vigor to ever calorie for who knows how long it will be till I will eat again!

That said, now that I'm no longer under (as much) stress, there has been a sudden release in metabolism, and in spite of the tacos and homestyle chicken go-wraps and overwhelming urge to graze between the hours of 6PM-9PM, it kind of just melted off since Friday. Weird. I'm not complaining. Let it melt. I mean, it's hot enough outside (but for real).

In other news, the puppy I (desperately) wanted, which Ames and I were going to somehow figure out how to adopt, which we were going to visit this very afternoon, was adopted TODAY. I feel the worst for myself, but I'm very happy he's got a family now. I hope they are good to him.

2 comments:

Allison Easley said...

Guess what. We're twinners and our bodies are identical in how they act. That being said, we have kittens.

kitty emma. said...

Aww, at least he will be looked after.
Congrats on your weight loss :)
xx