10 June 2010

hitting 20K

WE DID IT, EVERYBODY!
20,000 ticker clicks
Thanks to your dedicated reading, pribbles & prabbles (formally Emily's Alpine Path) has received 20,000+ hits, and I almost didn't even notice because I was so busy focusing on the dozens of children running rampant (not really-- they're supervised) around my department.

How will we celebrate?

I should probably do some kind of sentimental recap about the progress and journey of this blog. 20,000 ticks isn't so much a very large feat when you consider it has existed for the better part of three years... Is that embarrassing to admit? I'm not a "cool blog" like the others I read with 20,000 hits in like a week. It's okay. I feel we're close, my readers and I. I like being close to you (but not in a gross creepy way).

In the meantime, my celebration plans for tonight involve attending a local performance of Funny Girl, which I will review and post tomorrow. Those plans will also potentially include a pizza from Costco because I have 14 WW points left today. Also performances at the SCERA Shell must always include Costco pizza, or at very least a churro. What the what.

I'll also probably throw down a little Miley, because that song is actually super catchy. And even though this is only a party in the USA in the largest sense (in that, this blog and I are in the USA), Miley Cyrus definitely was in town last Independence Day to do a concert down the street for Stadium of Fire and she probably sang that song (or would have, if it were released at the time, which I'm not positive it was), which warrants me movin my hips like yeah.

PS. Saw Prince of Persia last night. I enjoyed all the white people with convincing suntans and wigs, especially Alfred Molina, who might be my favorite actor right now/ever (who is, to his credit, at least Spanish/Italian). My only real issue with the film is that I really wanted Jake Gyllenhaal to bust out some Aladdin tunes as he was jumping around all those rooftops. He really was just one jump ahead of the lawmen all those times, guys.

7 comments:

Mr London Street said...

Congratulations!

We all dream about getting 20000 hits a month, but I bet you anything that the ones that do are all shit.

Amy said...

Persia = Modern day Iran. Jake Gyllanhal =/= Iranian. I think they should have cast Sayid from Lost. He is a believable Iranian. But I guess then they would have had to find enough Arab actors to fill the whole movie to stay consistent.

The Stouts said...

Congrats! And yes, I stalk your blog.

Peggy Sherratt said...

Absolutely congrats!!! Love to read your blog! And I know what you mean about comments!

kitty emma. said...

Through my stalking I helped to contribute :)

kyliebrooke|s said...

i also contribute to the hits with my browsing of your blog. i like it. :)

ashleigh said...

It's Miley!

P.S. I LOVE Costco Churros.