07 May 2010

un-anecdotal

I've been trying really hard all week to figure out some clever little funny thing to blog about that doesn't involve the weight loss thing. This blog is not a weight loss blog. I do not want it to become a weight loss blog. There is more to me than my weight loss (though you wouldn't be able to tell, since it looks like I'm falling out of habit again-- and I'm about to blog about weight loss again, even though it was my goal to not do that thing).

But okay. You got me. This week, there kind of has been nothing more to me than my weight loss, aside from the fact that I've decided to keep my dark hair after all and not go caramel colored.

Tres exciting, aren't I.
So far, the Weight Watchers has been everything everyone has always promised me it would be. I opted for the online track because I
1) don't have time to attend meetings to weigh in.
2) want to do this for me and not because I have to check in with someone about my progress.
3) talk to Ames (and everyone else) about it ALL THE TIME, so it's like I'm checking up with him (and everyone else) about it anyway (ALL THE TIME).
4) am checking in with someone about it anyway since I'm keeping track on my blog.

So the big confession is: I've actually adjusted my goal, based on the fact that I actually adjusted my starting weight since I actually ate my weight in Polish food last weekend in celebration of my Dad's birthday. This is not an exaggeration. If you are Polish, and you decide to eat Polish food with your Polish family, it is requisite to eat your weight in perogies. There is no other option. Particularly if you lack self control around Polish food-- like I do.

I weighed myself Sunday night (admittedly, after dinner) and weighed 171 lbs. YIKES. But this is the number I typed into my stats on Weight Watchers the next day, and my goal is to lose 31. 140 lbs. I haven't been so thin since my intense BYU Folk Dance days. But it's doable. And I'm excited. And as you'll see on the sidebar, I've kick-started by losing 6 lbs already (almost all of it perogie weight) and I've got no intention of slowing down. GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT.

In other news, I really want a puppy. This puppy, in fact:

Of course we can't have a puppy in this apartment, and we won't be able to move to another apartment where we could have a puppy until September or something, which means this puppy will probably never be our puppy, but I can dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is a very cute puppy.

Good luck with the weight loss :). You're doing well.
I did a really tough walk today so afterwards I rewarded myself with choccies. :P

kitty emma. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.