10 May 2010

let me show you about my mom, a day after mother's day

This is my mom, Diane.
Here's what she looked like in college, when she was my age:
Maybe I look more like her than I might have thought?

She had cool recital dresses to sing songs in.

Check out these shoes, please. Also, she still does that with her hands.

She sings jingles like for My Little Pony, and used to sing back-up for people like Aretha Franklin (who still owes her money).
She married her BFF Andy, who is my dad, and they attend cool parties together that I throw.
She was pretty happy when I married my BFF Ames because all I ever wanted was to marry my BFF like she married hers.
She was pretty glad when I graduated from college.
She taught me how to love Disneyland.
She especially loves dogs like Sprout, and places like Maine.
Once she got to play my mom onstage all summer and it was my most cherished theatre experience of my life.
I love you, Mom. Please dress like Cher more frequently.