12 May 2010

sundry

The outfit I'm wearing today would probably be better suited for late winter with all my layers and ankle boots, but it's May and it should be spring and too warm for me to wear all this. But it's not.

Damn volcano.

At least it's a cute outfit-- even though it's better for late winter-- and I like the gray, drizzling weather because it reminds me of Rochester or of England, which are two places I would rather be right now.I took this picture when it was very gray and drizzling. I'd like to live there in the gray drizzle for a while.

The only problem (as if it's a problem) with gray drizzling is that it's like my body just knows when I wake up in the morning if it's gray and drizzling outside, even though we're holed up in our little basement cave apartment and you really can't tell the difference between a gray day and a drizzly day without going outside. But I have a sense for gray drizzle days, which may be nothing more than the fact my sinuses can predict the weather and I get all foggy and headachy when it's gray out. So I guess my body does just know. But I mean, the problem is that my favorite thing about gray drizzling days is staying at home, curled up in a snuggie and watching TV or reading books. It doesn't matter which, especially if Mr. Ames is right there all snuggly too.

I'm making spreadsheets and drinking Diet Coke.

My voicemail light is blinking, and I'm avoiding it.

I'd really like to have the Shoga sushi lunch special for spicy tuna and rainbow rolls, but no matter how delicious the rainbow roll is, the crab legs sticking out of the ends always terrify me and my imagination runs wild.

I'm so glad my summer camp has a lot of scholarships and subsidies to offer because I'm reading all the applications we've received so far and I want to award everyone something-- and so far, I can!

I've lost 2 more lbs. I'm aiming for 2 even more before Saturday.

But for real, can I have that puppy to snuggle today a gray and drizzling day?

No comments: