15 February 2010

day 18: something that tickles your fancy

Okay, blog stalkers. Let's all take a breath because we did it-- we made it to another wild card on Blog-a-Day. WE MADE IT! So let's just settle in with a bottle of Diet Coke and a pink blanket that your old roommate made you and a nice warm heating pad on your back while The Prestige plays in the background.

But for real, about the heating pad. My back is kiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllinnnnnnnngggg meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you guys.

Today, this necklace is tickling my fancy.

It was Valentine's Day gifted to me by husband Ames. I actually picked it out for myself because he's been gone all week so we went After Valentine's Day shopping at Target today because
1. Husband Ames has been gone in St. George acting all week.
2. I went and visited St. George but it was about the acting and not about shmoopy shopping.
3. We had the last of our wedding gift cards left and it was $50 to Target.
4. Target is the greatest store that ever existed and being there lifts my heart. Maybe it shouldn't but it does.

But isn't it darling and wonderful? I think it may become one of my go-to necklaces. Also it will remind me that I can do hard things, because I can, and husband Ames knows I can too.

We also got a snail for our fish tank, because the algae problem is a little out of control. The snail is named Harvey, because we watched Milk last night, and all the fish in our tank are boy fish. Harvey is the most romantic After Valentine's Day present ever.

Other than the necklace and the snail, my fancy is tickled by my stat counter which informed me that I've had 702 hits on this very here blog since February 1. 362 of them have been first-time visitors. I feel really cool about that. I also feel mystified because

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!

I'd just love to know who's reading this little blog of mine-- you know, for curiosity's sake! What do you like about this blog? What would you like to see more/less of on this blog? Are the short entries better than the long ones? Are you visual blog readers and would like to see more pictures? Do you like it when I talk about Ames and post cute pictures of him? Please let me know.

The fact is: I know you exist, but you don't comment very much, so I don't even know who you are. But I want to know, and then I can blog-stalk you too! I really do actually keep up with all the blogs on my blog roll, and I fully intend to expand my blog reading.

Introduce yourself. Let's be blog-friends (especially if we're real-life friends), yeah?

9 comments:

Sarah Steele said...

I read. I also use "Google Analytics" on my blog which is fun. I don't really know all it does, but it does tell you how many visits you get per day and where they are reading from. Like I have one from Indiana that visits weekly, yet I know no one in Indiana. So try that. It's fun.

Diane said...

Very nice necklace and sentiments. Dad gave me pretty opal earrings and snowshoes. I gave him a sweater and socks.

Wow about your blog stats! Very neat! Well, your writing is great and interesting. It is not a wonder!

See you this week I hope! Maybe lunch? Dad goes to Santa Clara on Wed through Sat.

Unknown said...

Hey Emily! So.. I'll admit it.. I'm totally a blog-stalker. I even stole your 30 days of blogging idea haha! I totally enjoy reading your posts, you are hilarious. You and your new husband seem so in love and I love it! I hope life continues to go great for you two. Here is my blog so you can stalk-back. www.jerandmaddie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your blog.
I'm a fellow BYU-er, and also a music ed. major, so I've worked with your Dad and sis!
Your writing is great!
tessspecial.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I should HOPE we're blog and real-life friends!

Waif13 said...

Guilty.
I blogstalk your blog and was thrilled when you started the thirty day thing because it meant more blogs! It's possible I may have even referenced one of your blogs in mine. Maybe.

You're a really engaging writer even when you are writing about personal things.You also do a great job of writing about things that people relate to. And your honesty and humor make you really personable.

Thanks for keeping all of us sneaky blogstalkers entertained.

Lizzie Jones said...

Embilly-

I know you for REALS but I also blog stalk you. My favorite part of you is how much you sound like you in this blog. I can hear your voice in my head as I read it. Plus I think you're funny. Plus, you're honest. Plus I think you're cool in a chic "I want to be like her" sort of way. That's why sometimes I try to do things like you do.

The end.

Love,
Lizzie

Cristina said...

Dear Emily,

Remember how I keep telling you to send me your e-mail? Then you can have access to my Private blog. :) And yes, I read your blog.

Anonymous said...

EmDab!

I read your blog, AND I know you! I love to read about your life and I totally miss you, girl! I'm coming out to Utah in three weeks, let's get together.

Love,
Cathy Busby formerly Crowder