27 January 2010

day 12: whatever tickles your fancy

I like the reoccurring "whatever tickles your fancy" on this blog-a-day. It's like, structure, structure, structure, structure, GO NUTS!, structure, structure structure, GO NUTS AGAIN!, structure, structure... Just the way I like it.

What's tickling my fancy this morning? Well it might have been those wheat crackers with cheese, except those are gone now. Honestly, some tickling of my fancy is due to the fact that we're getting CABLE TELEVISION again next week, but that's suuuuuuuuuper boring to talk about so publicly. My fancy is just really being tickled by Mr. Ames Bell. It's been a few months since my last Ode to Ames blog, so just keep reading, okay?

This is Ames last week when UVU hosted the Utah Theatre Association conference for Utah (and some Wyoming) high school students. There were like 2000 of them there. Ames managed to be extraordinarily helpful and look decent in those "safety green" color shirts (which were, in actuality, AWFUL). Luckily for everyone, he's wearing a cool Urban Outfitters green stripped cardigan in this picture, which is much less retina-melting than safety green.

Also at UTA, he emerged as a huge rock star, since our show Urinetown was ALL THE RAGE! and about 12987318276872561294 screaming 15-year old girls fell in love with him. Maybe a few boys too. You don't know-- these are theater kids, come on.

But my point is: Urinetown has filled the extracurricular void for us together since October 12. Can I tell you how phenom that has been for me?? The entire time we have been together, Ames has been rehearsing and performing shows in which I was not cast. And I mean, whatever, that's fine. But in this four-month rehearsal process and ten-performance run, I am so glad to have been able to work with Ames every night. So, so grateful.

My favorite thing lately has been coming home at the end of an 8+ hour work day, followed by Urinetown till 10:30pm, when we're both exhausted and stumbling around our own feet, to just dive under the covers and take a deep breath and fall asleep watching Chocolat instead of playing the usual we're in a show let's celebrate at Denny's every night with the entire cast we're so funny and hilarious omg awesommmmmmme game. That's a fun game too, but I like going home to our little house and our pajamas and our television set and just being us.

And lately I've had a series of (annoying/obnoxious/embarrassing/painful) injuries (since this is a legit dance show), for which Ames has been taking very good care of me. He always makes sure I'm not hurting, and lets me lounge around with my elevated, icing foot while he does the dishes etc., and makes sure to hold my hand and walk much more slowly than he would walk so my ankle doesn't go bendy.

Also he tells me if my outfits are good, and sometimes what clothes I should try on/buy, so he's really handy to take shopping.

Also we like to get DVDs like Michael Jackson's This Is It and the Glee soundtacks and we are starting to have a really nice little put-together house with matching-ish furniture.

Also we have lunch together almost every day and he pays for me every time like it's a date because it is.

Also he is my favorite snoogle pants, so I guess that works out pretty well too.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

I like you.

There.

I said it!

Peggy Sherratt said...

Ames is just plain Ames-mazing!!!! As is Emily!

Diane said...

Snoogle pants. Define?