11 January 2010

Day 1: Favorite Song

If I hadn't already committed to doing this 30 Days of Blogging thing, I'd just turn around and give up right now. Or maybe that magical list is just getting the hard stuff out of the way and it'll get easier from here? Let's hope, because I just sat here for the last ten minutes, trying to decide on my favorite song.

Favorite.

Not semi-favorite. Not probably favorite. Not one that you just listen to a lot.

Favorite. Clear and cut. Pick one and that's all you're allowed to blog about.

According to iTunes, I've most listened to "The Beauty Is" from Light in the Piazza, but that's because I basically had it on repeat when I was wandering 546876585 art museums in Europe.

Swinging the pendulum in the complete opposite direction, I've got dozens of listens to every 30 Seconds to Mars song on my iPod. This is because Jared Leto has the most perfect rock star voice in existence.

"Almost Lover" by Fine Frenzy is on about 80 of my various playlists, so it pops up a lot. Favorite, though?

"Love Me Like the World is Ending" by Ben Lee. "The Hand of Fate Part 2" from Signs, which isn't so much a song as it is a brilliant orchestral piece. "Valley of the Shadow" from Little Women. "My Skin" by Natalie Merchant. The entire "Do You Feel" album by The Rocket Summer.

Well I'm breaking the rules because I just can't pick. Do not make me. Okay? It's too difficult. I'll just make you a mix instead and you can pick a favorite for me, yeah? Go to.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: