25 November 2008

inspirational thought

The mind is a powerful thing. As you think, it becomes everything. I can see the Empire State building. The top of the Empire State building was meant as a post for the Zeppelin to come in and dock and land. People would deboard the Zeppelin and come down and land on top of the Empire State building. Man could actually fly across the ocean with trapped natural gas, gases that were here. They just sealed them up and said, "Hey, let's go across the ocean and we'll land on a building." That, at the time, was so remarkable, so huge that they named it a skyscraper because it was huge, it scraped the sky. That came from the imagination before that was built-- that was in somebody's head. And all they did was put it down to paper and then tell somebody else, "Hey, you know what we could do if we do this." And somebody else joined and said, "Oh, my gosh, you know what, if we did this, we could also make it stronger, we could make it bigger." Somebody else said, "Oh, my gosh, we could take that Zeppelin and we could dock it there."

People dismiss the power of the mind. They dismiss the power of the imagination. As you think, will become. You create. You create everything in your world. The way you view the world is what you have created. Your happiness, your sadness, your pain. You create it. You can't change the things that happen to you, but you can change the way you look at them.

[In the new book, Winners Never Cheat Even in Difficult Times] by Jon Huntsman...he says, "On my mother's tombstone are etched Shakespeare's immortal words, 'Sweet are the uses of adversity.'" Wow. "Sweet are the uses of adversity." We can sit and look and say, "My gosh," or we can realize that adversity is there for a reason. He said that he looked at some mystical thing as saying, "Well, you were destined for great things." You are. You are. I mean, I understand it. I get it. If I would have gone then, I convinced myself, "Gee, I'm not good for anything; I just keep hurting people, everybody I meet, everything I touch." But then I learned from the mistakes and I dedicated myself to not make those mistakes, and I still make mistakes but I try to learn from them and try to change my -- and look. In that time I've had four glorious children. I have good friends. I don't know how much of an impact I've made, but I know a couple of lives that are different because I didn't die and better because of it.

You are meant for great things. You and I, we may never be the President of the United States and the whole world may never know our name, but it doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter. But you've got to learn the Lord just keeps giving you the same problems over and over again and until you give up and say, "Okay, whatever, whatever. Whatever it is you want me to do. Whatever." And when you do, your whole life changes. When you do, it's so much easier. I've got to tell you, because then you can blame God for everything that goes wrong and you were like, hey, I wasn't steering, you were the one driving; you took me here. It's an amazing thing.

--Glenn Beck, 11/24/2008

No comments: