02 April 2007

My Favorite Movie Soundtracks

Soothing and Lovely
The Village-- James Newton Howard
Little Women-- Thomas Newman
The New World-- James Horner
Pride & Prejudice-- Dario Marianelli
Marie Antoinette-- Various Artists (instrumental tracks only)
Forrest Gump-- Alan Silvestri
Big Fish Original Score-- Danny Elfman
Tuck Everlasting-- William Ross
A Beautiful Mind-- James Horner
Finding Neverland-- Jan A. P. Kaczmarek
A Little Princess-- Patrick Doyle
The Secret Garden-- Zbigniew Preisner

Kick-A Instrumental
Batman Begins-- James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer
Peter Pan-- James Newton Howard
Pirates of the Caribbean 2-- Hans Zimmer
Back to the Future-- Alan Silvestri
The Patriot-- John Williams

Misc.
The Nightmare Before Christmas-- Danny Elfman


Selected Tracks
Death of Cedric-- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter 4
Another Year Ends-- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter 4
The Hand of Fate Part 2-- James Newton Howard, Signs
Evacuating London
-- Harry Gregson-Williams, The Chronicles of Narnia
The Letter That Never Came-- Thomas Newman, A Series of Unfortunate Events
Soarin' Over California
-- Disney's California Adventure!

11 comments:

Ashley O said...

Why are we soooo the same??? Chello anything Danny Elfman rocks!!! When I was driving up to Salt Lake with Craig he covered his radio and asked if I knew what movie the song was from...it was XM radio so of course it had a movie soundtrack station.

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS!!! Could that have been any easier. That's like reading Mosiah 4:13 and asking President Hinckley what the reference is...You know???

I did take a peak but only to make sure!!! So is that cheating? Nahhhh to late! I hart Elfman! He is easily distinguishable!

@emllewellyn said...

Danny Eflman was totally on Glenn Beck last night. Glenn even talked specifically about how much he loves the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack. He apparently wrote the score for Meet the Robinsons, so... needless to say I'll be buying that soundtrack:)

Also, I need to see Meet the Robinsons. Let's go see it.

Eliza said...

Loved IT!! Oh and you need The Mission soundtrack. OH and soarin over california soundtrack and Disneyland Soundtrack.... If you go see a movie invite me...Please...so I can get away from CHILDREN!! (just to go see a children's movie hee HAH!)

@emllewellyn said...

Edited my list (because how in the WORLD did I forget that track?!!) and consider yourself invited should we take a trip to the movies. The last movie Ashley and I saw together was WHEN A STRANGER CALLS.

Funnest/funniest night of my life.

Ashley O said...

Oh agreed Em!!! I loved that night!!! Screamin/yelling/swearing at the screen!!! (or was that just me??? hahaha jk!) The Mission is good and so is Soarin! totally have it on my pute!!!

K let's all go out to da flickahs!!!! Girl's night!

Alli Easley said...

You are totally our long lost sister. Taylor should have had 4 of us geels!

@emllewellyn said...

That's what everyone says. Everyone literally says, "Taylor should have had four sisters-- two that begin with the letter A, and two that begin with the letter E. That's what should have happened."

Seriously. Everyone.

Alli Easley said...

that's so crazy that everyone says that everyone. I can't believe it it's just THAT crazy!

@emllewellyn said...

Tell me a-freakin-bout it.

Ashley O said...

i love the famerly bonding!

@emllewellyn said...

Zippoty zoppity, dinkin flika.