30 July 2012

summer wrap up

I haven't really posted this summer. What a shame. I won't waste time justifying (to myself, mostly) why I haven't or pretending like my life isn't interesting (because it is, and I don't think it's bad to say so). I'm sad about it. I miss writing. I don't know why I don't write more.

Cue rehashed commitment to writing and blogging.

Here are some bullet-points about Summer 2012:
  • I am working at Seven Peaks again, sort of. Corporate company, payroll assistant. Same song, different verse.
  • Ames and I have been in Crazy for You all summer at Hale Center Theater Orem. It has been wonderful and exhausting. We close on Saturday. Come see us if you can, please!
  • Ames and I have been cast in Oliver at Hale Centre Theatre for the fall. I have been cast as a lead in a musical. For anyone who knows me, and even those who don't, I am unaccustomed to being taken rather seriously in musical theater, especially in a serious musical. I'm terribly excited and scared.
  • WE ARE GOING TO MAINE ON SUNDAY! Please take a moment to enjoy the view:
  • I dyed my hair last night. It is currently "cheetah chic" owing to the sploches of brown that didn't bleach out evenly. We'll Take 2 tonight to fix it and also attempt to white out some of the brass. We're going for something more like (also tempted to cut it off and style like this on a daily basis):


Anyone read any good books lately?
 

No comments: