06 December 2010

emily's favorite things

There are some things happening in life that are almost ready to be revealed but I don't think it's 100% professionally responsible for me to say it yet. Cryptic, eh? That'll keep you coming back for more, eh? Suffice it to say, life is unpredictable and interesting and I'm excited by prospects.

But anyway, the point of this is that E! and the Style channel haven't been able to get enough lately of showing clips from Oprah's recent Ultimate Favorite Things episode. I mean, I guess if I happened to be in the audience to be the recipient of things like glittery Ugg boots, embellished tunics, iPads and chicken pot pies, I might have had a come-apart too. And this wasn't just Oprah's Favorite Things, it was her Ultimate Favorite Things, meaning more favorite than all other Favorite Things. Big difference.

In honor of Oprah, the recent passing of Black Friday (which went basically uncelebrated by the Bells-- we're just not that materialistic, guys! [joke]), and now that we're well into embracing our American right to consumerism, I'd like to share some of my Favorite Things for the season.

Note: this is in no way a giveaway. I don't even have the kind of cash to get this stuff for myself. But if you happen to know any financially generous folks who'd like to giveaway these Things to me...

Emily's Ultimate Favorite Things 2010

OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!


Number 1-- Crouching Tiger dress at shabbyapple.com
This is possibly the most perfect dress in existence, second only to the other dress at Shabby Apple which ran out of my size before I was able to order it. Shabby Apple tends to be a bit pricy, so I've been hesitent to buy anything before reaching my Goal Weight. Some may call this silly (because I could have the dress in the meantime or whatever), I call it smart. Either way, this dress is a Must Have Someday (Soon).

Number Two-- Toggled Coat from Target
This coat also comes in mustard yellow, though I figure I have enough mustard colored accessories that I might over-do mustard with a mustard coat. This coat is super coze, only $49. Target always manages to provide some pretty gemmy gems (I have four Target coats and jackets in varying styles)-- not disappointed by this.

Number Three-- Anna Sui Flight perfume at urbanoutfitters
Guys, this is the most lush perfume I've ever smelled in my whole life. I'm not usually big into really aromatic perfumes-- I tend to prefer subtle, fresh smells-- but this is just gorgeous. My friend Emily bought it a few months ago and it's been on the top of my Wish List ever since. Also there's a peacock on the cap of the bottle.

Number Four-- Michael Jackson: The Experience for Wii
I'm sorry, say what you want about the man himself, this looks like the funnest game ever. And it comes complete with a glittery silver glove (only don't wear it while playing-- my guess is Nintendo is trying to avoid a lawsuit involving some fan wearing the glove and the Wii controller slipping out of their hand and flying across the room into an heirloom vase).

Number Five-- Captain Planet "Wind" ring from captainplanet.me
This is real, guys. You can get your own Captain Planet collector's edition replica ring to represent your favorite element and/or character! A $20 "donation to the Planeteer movement" is all it takes. I'm kind of obsessed with them. I think I'd pick Cyan (Wind) because it's the prettiest ring and I always thought Linka was so pretty, but I dig Red (Heart) too because I want all animals to love me. INTERESTING FACT: did you know a surprisingly long list of Hollywood celebrities were voices on Captain Planet? Aside from the obvious Whoopi Goldberg (Gaia) and LeVar Burton (Kwame), the show also showcased the talents of Ed Asner, Tim Curry, Jeff Goldblum, John Ratzenberger, Meg Ryan, Martin Sheen, and Sting, among others. Now you know!

Number Six-- Sharpie Pens
These are seriously the greatest things to happen to me since the Bic Velocity Gel Rollerball Comfort Grip with Retractable 0.7mm Tip. Seriously. Precision and weight of a Sharpie with ink that doesn't bleed through the page! Brilliance.

Number Seven-- Baked Lay's potato chips (any flavor)
God's gift to potato chip lovers who are trying to watch their waistlines. That's all.

Number Eight-- Yarn by Stitch Nation
If you are obsessed with yarn (I am) or are looking for yarn to get you hooked into a yarn-related project (I always am), THIS YARN IS THE GREATEST.

Number Nine-- Horn rimmed glasses by Lucky Brand
In reality, these are at the top of my Need-Slightly-More-Than-Just-Want list. I've been jonesing for glasses of a similar style for a long while, and recently my eyes are in hate with contact lenses but my current pair of glasses are very heavy on my face. Ta da! Perfect solution.

Number Ten-- Home Offices
If I had the time/space/money to create something like this to work in, I'd get every degree that was ever invented for college. And also become a research assistant and sit at home reading and studying instead of watching TV (except for ANTM, etc). Really, though. This office. I should stop watching HGTV because it makes rooms like this more of a reality than they should be considering we rent our place and have carpets and aren't allowed to paint the walls.


What are your Favorite Things?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this list! That Captain Planet ring brings back memories, haha! :)

Lauren
www.laurensthoughts.com

Daniel Joseph Anderson said...

You need to see these. http://www.shopbando.com/products.aspx?cid=1
super expensive, but gorgeous... I bet it wouldn't be hard to make some of those either...

Kristin W said...

Yes please! I have some glasses AND Sharpie pens on my list of favorite things too :)