21 June 2010

happy someday father's day

Last night I had dinner with my parents and my Ames to celebrate my dad, and then we came home at 9:30 and watched Big Bang Theory after I read a chapter of Writing Down the Bones recommended by friend Julie, and then I fell asleep on Ames's shoulder around 10:14 because he is the snuggliest.

And then I woke up a few hours later at 12:08AM with an awful, awful headache and running to the mailbox to check for something that I needed for work, and I found a worrisome text on my phone when I got back to my bed, and I tried to respond to the text but didn't know what to say at all, so I woke up my Ames and it was almost 12:30AM by then.

I asked him what I should say in this text, and I felt so badly because it was 12:30AM but also it was about work, and I feel like all I ever do is talk and be depressed about work lately which also makes me feel like the worst wife in the world. So I asked him what to say, and he didn't really know because it was such a kind of unbelievable situation, but he was definitely upset on my behalf. And then I started crying about it because it was 12:30AM and I had a headache and somewhere between Big Bang Theory and 12:30AM I had already had nightmares-- literal nightmares-- about work and it just didn't feel fair all of a sudden.

So it's 12:30AM, but really more like 12:40AM by this point, and I'm crying and upset, and Ames has been awakened by (more) of my work problems, and all he does is just put that long brown arm around me and let me be a mess for a while-- all he does is validate me and let me be sad and snuggle me as he falls back to sleep and so do I with a cold pack on my neck to make the headache go away.

2 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Emily Bell, I love you. Just so you know.

Peggy Sherratt said...

Yes....just so you know....we all love you! (and I so glad you have that long brown arm around you)