25 May 2010

to dye would be an awfully big adventure

I'm thinking of dyeing my hair later this summer as a reward for being awesome with the weight loss. Of course, who knows when this will happen because, although I am becoming a pilates goddess and I may even bike 11.2 miles today and I drink so much water I (read: my bladder) can hardly stand it, the scale is being rude and standing still. We'll see. Trying to stay positive and just be even more motivated than ever.

But the hair dyeing. What do we think of this?I think I might also be more inclined to embrace my extreme caucasianinity. So pretty.

I'm also psyched about the style of the haircut itself for when my hair gets longer. I could pull out some of my headbands and even have my sister Lizzy take pictures of me with cool hair and cool headbands and white skin which we could add to our respective portfolios.

I accidentally dyed my hair a similar color once in high school. I was terrified of it, since it wasn't the color on the box. Luckily my mom had a box of medium-dark brown handy, so it turned out this really cool dark, dark, dark auburn that turned coppery in the sun. That was cool hair. I guess I was afraid of extreme/unexpected hair changes back then. Not anymore.

This summer is all about extreme self changes. GET IT GET IT GET IT.



I wonder if having rad hair, in addition to a more defined jawline, would also make me as rad a singer as Alison Sudal (A Fine Frenzy)?

3 comments:

Cristina said...

Red hair sounds awesome. My hair will not hold red. Very sad. :) I just have to go for dark, which is still fun. :)

kitty emma. said...

I think red hair is lovely. It's so beautiful and vibrant and I think you could pull it off :)
GO TO THE EXTREME!

Kristin W said...

Thanks for your comment about my weight loss! Yep...we are both on the same page here. And I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND about the bladder. I'm a teacher and it is awful trying to hold it.

I love the hair and rewarding yourself with something like that (compared to just buying something new that doesn't remind me daily of my success). Now trying to brainstorm something like that to reward myself with! Good luck!